• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith NOT on Warriors Radar

NJHAWK

The San Francisco Chronicle says that sorces inside and outside the Warriors organization tell them that Smoove is not on their radar even if Brand goes to the Clippers. I hope they offer Iggy a max deal to fukk shytt up for the Sixers. I hope this report is correct and not a smokescreen.

I doubt they asked Harrington since it seems they are trying to move him for a point guard which was in the same article in the Chronicle. Its posted on Hoopshype and real gm. I wonder if they cant get a point for Harrington and if they made a huge run at Chills if we couldnt get Al back. Im not saying its an even trade but if they go way overboard with an offer for Chills it may be our best option. Harrington can score in the post which is something we have none of.

I would definitely consider taking Al back in a SnT for Chillz but I'm not sure Al would accept going back to being a 6th man. He isn't a good enough defender to start for us over Marvin so he would have to be a 6th man and I certainly wouldn't trade Marvin to get Al a starting spot.

Wow Harrington makes 9 mill a year. I dont think a swap for Chills would work with Chills being a byc player. We would have to throw Speedy in and I would doubt the Warriors would take him.

Quote:

Comments like this make me really wonder whether you know anything about our team.

you need to acclimate yourself to the "quote" feature so we know what "comment like this" you are referring to.

You are saying you would move Marvin in order to bring in Al to start at the 3? Wait, it feels like Deja Vu all over again; didnt we hash the Marvin vs Al argument out a couple years ago?

EDIT: on 2nd glance i assume you are talking about a Harrington-Chillz SnT?

Quote:

Comments like this make me really wonder whether you know anything about our team.

I expect a reply within the next 30 seconds since all you do is track people's posts.

You wouldnt trade Speedy and Chills for Al Harrington? Al can score in the post. I know Al cant defend but neither can Childress. Plus we dump Speedy, I would do that deal if G.S. offers Chills a deal starting around 8 or 9 mill a year.

How does Al Harrington help this team? He is the worst defender I have seen play on the Hawks in years. I remember a rookie on Charlotte 2 years ago doing a spin move and breaking his ankles. He is a 6"9 tweener who doesn't even get minutes in GS.

And what position does he play on this team? You don't pay a guy 8 million to come off the bench unless he's Manu who makes more than that.

Next?

Quote:

Quote:

I expect a reply within the next 30 seconds since all you do is track people's posts.

You wouldnt trade Speedy and Chills for Al Harrington? Al can score in the post. I know Al cant defend but neither can Childress. Plus we dump Speedy, I would do that deal if G.S. offers Chills a deal starting around 8 or 9 mill a year.

I was one of Harrington's biggest critics when he was here but in his defense he is much better defending on the perimeter than down low at the 4. I wanted to see him at the 3 and Smith at the 4 when he was here. I thought that would work well.

Quote:

How does Al Harrington help this team? He is the worst defender I have seen play on the Hawks in years. I remember a rookie on Charlotte 2 years ago doing a spin move and breaking his ankles. He is a 6"9 tweener who doesn't even get minutes in GS.

And what position does he play on this team? You don't pay a guy 8 million to come off the bench unless he's Manu who makes more than that.

Next?

So you would pay Chills 9 mill a year to come off the bench but not Al? All Im saying is if Chills gets a big offer like 5 years 45 mill from G.S Im not sure Chills is worth that big of a deal. Harrington has 2 years left on his deal and we could get rid of Speedys deal a year early. Im sorry but if the trade is Al for Chills and Speedy where do I sign. After this trade we could keep Smoove and stay under the luxury tax. Harrington would be instant offense off the bench IMO. He can post up very well.

Quote:

The San Francisco Chronicle says that sorces inside and outside the Warriors organization tell them that Smoove is not on their radar even if Brand goes to the Clippers. I hope they offer Iggy a max deal to fukk shytt up for the Sixers. I hope this report is correct and not a smokescreen.

If true thats the best news I got all day.

I say no to bringin Al back. He was a very bad defender. He often pushed his player in the post drawing a foul and he also caused alot of offensive fouls. I would rather get Wilcox from Seattle.

That MAY have been true at one time but I think Chillz is widely considered to be a top 10 restricted FA by the mass media and I have seen SEVERAL media outlets refer to him as being a potential "steal."

As for Atlanta overrating Chillz, maybe SOME do but I think most see him as being a slightly above MLE level player who will be a valuable contributor off the bench.

You know I was just reading further into that Al Harrington situation and Dolfin is right about him not wanting to come off the bench. It appears he wants out of Golden State for just that reason. Chills has talked about going somewhere where he could start or get alot of playing time as well.

I think that with the way the contracts have gone this offseason to some guys that Chillz may end up getting paid a bit more above the MLE than we anticipated and that might keep us from being able to retain him. If Diop can get ~6 million per I can't imagine what Chillz might get.

Childress is not overrated.He's not a guy we have to keep at all costs but not overrated.I can't count how many times the offense looks horrible and we get no good shots then he comes in and sneaks under the basket for an easy lay in.Guys that find open spaces like that aren't easy to find.He always finds away to get rid of a defender.