• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Beasly the Beast vs Roser the Poser

NJHAWK

LOL I know it is way, way, way too early to tell anything by one summer league game but I will stick with my opinion that the Bulls took a bust with pick 1 and the Heat got the drafts best player with pick 2. I just did not get the hype around Rose. Maybe 2 or 3 years from now I will feel stupid for thinking this but I doubt it.

Derrick Rose was a little overrated due to the fact that everyone is looking for the next Chris Paul but by no means will he be a bad player as long as he works on his jumper. Beasley is going to have a hard time if he plays SF because he doesn't have the quickness to keep us with any of them but if he plays PF he should be fine.

Yah watched the heat bulls game...i dont expect Rose to be able to turn around the franchise that quickly...but his role is different then beasley's....so dont see whats the use of comparing them. Rose looks like he can still score at will when he desires too, but he does have that rookie pg look when he has the ball and isnt looking to score. He doesnt penetrate and cat/mouse the defense like paul does....trying to force a mismatch for his frontcourt.

Beasley is gonna put up points and look much more impressive than durant while doing it. He doesnt shy from contact like alot of college scorers...he is good at finishing...not overly athletic, but has some quicks. He popped several baseline jumpers and a 3 to boot.

I don't see why the Chicago GM gets any respect from the media. To me, he just keeps outthinking himself. First he screws himself out of LaMarcus Aldridge by trading down for Tyrus Thomas. Then he follows it up by passing on the guy who I think was by far the best player in the draft just to grab an average PG. I personally believe the Deron/Paul comparisons with Rose are just wishful thinking, and the character concerns with Beasley are overblown.

It was pretty obvious who will be the best player. I mean the kids first game (even though it was SL) he put up 28/9. I've just been really big on him ever since I saw him in HS. He can score at will and has a nice stroke to match. The kid is going to be a beast in this league for many years to come. IMO, he's better than Melo and Durant when they came out.

I like Rose and I think he is going to be a terrific PG (maybe not Paul or Williams but in the upper echelon of NBA PGs) but I think Beasley is gonig to be a STAR. In addition, I think the Bulls had a greater need for a guy who can score in the low post than they did for a PG.

I think Paxson let the fact that Rose was from CHI be the deciding factor in deciding who to take and I think he was wrong to do that. The funny thing is that I think MIA wanted Rose too. I just don't know what everyone is looking at when they question whether or not Beasley can get it done in the NBA. He is going to be REALLY good.

Quote:

I like Rose and I think he is going to be a terrific PG (maybe not Paul or Williams but in the upper echelon of NBA PGs) but I think Beasley is gonig to be a STAR. In addition, I think the Bulls had a greater need for a guy who can score in the low post than they did for a PG.

I think Paxson let the fact that Rose was from CHI be the deciding factor in deciding who to take and I think he was wrong to do that. The funny thing is that I think MIA wanted Rose too. I just don't know what everyone is looking at when they question whether or not Beasley can get it done in the NBA. He is going to be REALLY good.

I'm not going to get into a Rose vs Beasley debate - nothing new is going to get said.

No one ever questioned whether Beasley could score (at least not sane people). The only question with Beasley is whether or not he is Glenn Robinson, i.e. more interested in putting up his own stats as opposed to team success.

Anybody who watched him play at KS knows that he can score.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not going to get into a Rose vs Beasley debate - nothing new is going to get said.

No one ever questioned whether Beasley could score (at least not sane people). The only question with Beasley is whether or not he is Glenn Robinson, i.e. more interested in putting up his own stats as opposed to team success.

Yea but he does it efficiently and not just jacking up shots like Glenn did. Look at how many times he got to the line yesterday. He doesn't shy away from contact either. D-Wade just got a really good partner to pair with on the inside/outside game.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yea but he does it efficiently and not just jacking up shots like Glenn did. Look at how many times he got to the line yesterday. He doesn't shy away from contact either. D-Wade just got a really good partner to pair with on the inside/outside game.

I agree - I think Beasley is a great pick. I just also happen to like Rose as well.

As for Glenn - He was efficient in college too. Not saying thats what Beasley will become, only voicing one of the concerns. If Beasley was such a slam dunk, opinions wouldn't have been so divided.

I understand the concerns from the defensive side of the ball but Beasley is going to be a FAR better rebounder than Dog ever was. That alone will make him closer to Carlos Boozer than Dog. I think Beasley is going to be a lot like Carmelo Anthony but a lot better rebounder. He will be too quick for most PFs and too strong for most SFs.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Rose. I think he is going to be one of the league's better PGs. But I think Hinrich is a lot closer to Rose than ANYONE on CHI's roster is to Beasley. I think a forward tandem of Beasley and Deng would have been one of the best tandems in the NBA. Throw Gordon's shooting in to create space for Beasley and Deng to operate and you would have had something pretty special in my opinion.

to focus. College kids aren't used to the focus required to bring their "A game" every night. In addition, he is going to have to realize that he has a target on his back as the #1 overall pick. I have NO doubt that Beasley is going to be fine.

Quote:

to focus. College kids aren't used to the focus required to bring their "A game" every night. In addition, he is going to have to realize that he has a target on his back as the #1 overall pick. I have NO doubt that Beasley is going to be fine.

#2 overall pick.