• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHEN WILL THIS ALL COME TO AN END?

scottt

• Premium Member

Quote:

Is there a certain date that would be considered a deadline for the Hawks or any other team? How long could all this go on with JS or JC?

This will go on until the players and the team come to a mutually agreeable contract. Hopefully we'll know the market value of both players as soon as the first RFA signs an offer letter. The players always have the option to take a one year tender and become an UFA next year.

Unless the Hawks have 'an understanding' with several remaining unrestricted FAs, I believe it is in their best interest to resolve the contract situation sooner rather than later. Obviously the sooner they have an understanding of what the makeup of the team will be, true planning (along with marketing campaigns) can begin. Many things are on hold until the Joshes contract situations are resolved.

Until then, all we fans can do is speculate as to what will happen. It will happen when it happens.....

Quote:

Unless the Hawks have 'an understanding' with several remaining unrestricted FAs, I believe it is in their best interest to resolve the contract situation sooner rather than later. Obviously the sooner they have an understanding of what the makeup of the team will be, true planning (along with marketing campaigns) can begin. Many things are on hold until the Joshes contract situations are resolved.

I agree. It'd be better to get these things done as soon as possible in my opinion- Smoove first and foremost, and Chillz secondary. The team is kind of stuck in a state of complete limbo right now, as are Hawks fans....and we will remain in that state until these situations are resolved.

Remember how tortuously long the Joe Johnson situation took to resolve? I can't really blame that on the ASG (it was more a case of Belkin blind-siding them and being a complete prick)...but beyond that the ASG isn't exactly known for making quick and decisive decisions. We can only hope the situation with the Joshes doesn't take as long as JJ's did, because as a fan, that was hell to sit and suffer through. Week after week of being on pins and needles, not knowing, and one second it would look like the trade was a done deal, and the next it would look totally dead.....and then all these worries that Joe would just get entirely fed up with the whole thing, say the hell with it and elect to stay in Phoenix. That period of time was a real drag to be a Hawks fan, filled with anxiety and uncertainty.

So it would be good for the team and good for the peace of mind of its fans to get this done as quickly as they can....but I still have no idea how long that might be. I don't think anyone does. All we can really do is hope for a quick resolution....

I'd also like to see it come to and end but I agree with Diesel's other topic where he said we just need to step back and let things settle playout.

As far as not knowing the makeup of our team, I disagree. It's not set in stone, but since we are in control of our restricted free agents, basically we can plan the team, we just don't know how much the market is gonna make us pay for this team. Either way, we have very little to spend on the rest of the roster.

Hopefully summer league will help. We'll know more about Speedy and probably make and offer to someone like Simien. I'd personally rather see us part ways with Mario and sign a shooter like Luke Jackson and maybe another backup combo guard from the summer league rosters. Then we need to get lucky and figure out how to get that defensive backup center, I'd like to steal one from Seattle somehow.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'd personally rather see us part ways with Mario
and sign a shooter like Luke Jackson and maybe another backup combo guard from the summer league rosters.

I second that!

Interesting concept. You would prefer someone who could possibly score over someone who could possibly stop someone from scoring. For some reason, I feel Woodson would prefer the latter over the former.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Interesting concept. You would prefer someone who could possibly score over someone who could possibly stop someone from scoring. For some reason, I feel Woodson would prefer the latter over the former.

Mario's defense is very overrated!