• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: Crickets...

DJ_Money

Don't, don't believe, don't don't believe it, don't don't Believe the Gripe!

Seriously, as I said on my blog today (ahem, see the sig for the link), you really can't believe anyone during this process.

The RFA needs suitors to drive up the price, and the team wants the opposite.

So, depending on the side you are sitting on, you are going to say/do whatever you need to meet your objectives.

First impressions:

1. JJ's comments have to stir something in Smoove re team, getting ready, playing our best, etc. I think/hope that would speak to him . . . . but the question is louder than the money?

2, I'm glad we have Sund fielding the calls and not BK. he's got to let the whole thing ride and let it play out. And the only way to do that is know your options. If he had not taken those calls he would be in danger of being caught flat footed and that's dangerous.

I don't see us trading with Detroit?

I wish Solo had played in the summer league, he needs the PT. However, if I were him and his agent, I think I would have skipped it too. In past summers he has looked horrible. Another horrible summer might cause his release. Whereas now he's a two year vet returning to the same team and seems to have a position by default since we need even more players to fill out the roster.

Quote:

I am not liking his chances of making the team anyways. Wayne and Justin have great chances of making this team. I don't see the team releasing him right away. He need to be ready to earn a spot in training camp.

I like Solo to make it over Wayne. At Kansas he was a very good college player. I never thought his game would translate to the pro level. Now Williams is another story. He is a big with athletism and has the ability to play help defense that ZaZa no doubt will need in the post.

Solomon Jones vs. Justin Williams. This is either a good thing or a very bad sign of things to come. worried.gif