• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CITY HIGH TOURNAMENT

Johnnybravo4

Espn has this thing on sportsnation where they have various "hotbed cities for basketball talent" seeded against each other in a mythical tounament. The Atlanta team is

PG Louis Williams

SG Javarus Crittendon

SF Jarvis Hayes

PF Josh Smith

C Dwight Howard

6th man Randolph Morris

We are going up against Philly. Our biggest comp is Beltway team and Los Angeles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnatio...cityhighbracket

Quote:

Espn has this thing on sportsnation where they have various "hotbed cities for basketball talent" seeded against each other in a mythical tounament. The Atlanta team is

PG Louis Williams

SG Javarus Crittendon

SF Jarvis Hayes

PF Josh Smith

C Dwight Howard

6th man Randolph Morris

We are going up against Philly. Our biggest comp is Beltway team and Los Angeles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnatio...cityhighbracket

I'd say our biggest comp is LA and Chicago. The Beltway team is just a bunch of scorers, which probably wouldn't work in real life. They also have no real big man. Also, Brandon Jennings hasn't even played a game of college ball, so how does he even get consideration ?

Quote:

Philly has no answer for us. I think our frontline would get us by LA and DC/Baltimore.

Philly has no answer for any team. No team has an answer for Dwight Howard and Josh Smith. I think this just goes to show a lot of basketball talent comes out of Georgia, and they never go to school in GA. What is Tech, UGA, GA State doing wrong ?

I think they could have put Kobe on the Philly Team

also Shareef (Wheeler HS, I think) and Harpring (Marist) ...though they are pretty old..could have been on the ATL team instead of Randolph Morris

others that could have been considered: Mario West & Jamison Brewer LOL jk

New York is horrible! Smush Parker making it over Stephon Marbury shows the state of NYC hoops is not what it used to be.

Seattle is to soft inside. Brandon Roy would be the best player on that team and the best PG. He would be forced to do to much.

Philly may be worse than New York. The young Evans kid may be better than all the starters right now.

Is it me or does LA have three of the skinniest players in the NBA? Prince, Chillz and Chandler are all stick men. I do like there length but either Jennings or Arenas would have to defer to get the other players involved. I don't see that happening. Chandler especially needs a good PG to set him up on offense.

Houston will probably have an underrated team in this contest. There perimeter defense won't be good but they will have the only frontline that can contend with Smoove and Howard. Perkins has good size and Okafor is a very good rebounder.

Chicago is the most complete team. They have a true PG, SG, SF and C. Wright played PF in college but is more of a SF in the NBA. Rose and Wade pose the biggest threat to the Atlanta team. Eddie Curry will get destroyed by Howard though.

I wouldn't want to watch the Beltway team play. They would have less ball movement than this years Denver Nuggets. No PG would be there down fall. Although they do have the best set of SF's with Kleiza,Gay,Melo and Durant.

Save the best for last ATL shawty.Lol. With two players capable of playing PG and also two true centers Atlanta would win this event. Rose and Wade are explosive but with SMOOVE and HOWARD protecting the paint they would get canceled out. Both Wade and Rose have shaky jump shots. Anyone else notice this is really close to the AAU team Smoove,Howard, Crit and Randolph played on?

1.Atlanta

2.Chicago

3.LA

4.Beltway

5.Seattle

6.Houston

7.Philly

8.New York