• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Iverson + re-sign Joshes = Ring

y2kenta

Denver having a fire sale?

Quote:

Marcus Camby has been shown to the city line. Could
Allen Iverson
be the next high-dollar player to be drop-kicked out of Denver by the cost-cutting Nuggets?

Indications are the Nuggets would trade Iverson if the deal was right. They'd also trade Kenyon Martin or
Nene
, if anybody wanted either. And owner Stan Kroenke would be willing to deal the Rocky Mountains if he owned them and it would keep him from paying the luxury tax.

But Iverson has trade value. With an expiring $20.84 million contract, he would be an ideal acquisition for a team looking to clear salary-cap room for next summer in one swoop.

Link

Offer DEN this very reasonable deal:

Bibby (expiring $15.2M) + Marvin ($5.6M) = $20.8+M

- for -

Iverson ($21.9)

Why Bibby to DEN?

Bibby is not only an expiring contract that would appeal to DEN, but he is (still) one of the better PGs in the league with playoff experience, ability to score, pass, and lead at a high level...So Bibby might solidy the PG spot for them as opposed to having AI playing tweener. This would also allow JR/Melo to be their #1 and #2 scorers

Why Marvin to DEN?

He could blossom in high power offense where he's not pushed to be the #2 guy...He could play big minutes off the bench along with Kleiza and company....He'd be a restrcted free agent next summer so DEN could resign him or use him to maneuver deals with their cap space next year...

Why Iverson to ATL?

Why not? Especially with us being able to add him without losing JJ, Smoove, or Horford...The salaries are pretty much a match and he is an expiring contract like Bibby anyway...He could put us deep into the playoffs this year without costing the bank and keeping our nucleus...He'd also blow the roof off of Phillips Arena every night with attendance...Teams would not be able to double JJ or Iverson and with that offensive fire power, Woody would even look like COY!!! Come on now!!! Ai + Joe + Al + Smoove? That has to make us instant contenders!!

BOSTON pulled the trigger last year and gnabbed KG for Jefferson+fillers and they got Ray for Delonte+pick+fillers...those bold steps gave them a title...ATL took them to gm7 with a poor offensive attack (an less than 100% Bibby)...I know Iverson would put us over. It CAN'T HURT TO OFFER IT!!!

Marvin/Bibby for AI is similar to a trade I proposed a few days ago. I like the trade, but if we lose Josh Childress, we would have a big deficiency at the SF position. For it to work, A.I. will have to play point, but that never worked out well. Who knows, but I would definitely be for bringing in A.I.