• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks' Cap

BornandDieHawks

Forgive me if someone else has asked this question, but with the signing of Evans and if the Hawks tender a QO to Childress would that take up our MLE and hamper our availibility to sign anyone else?

No...they are completely different rules...(layman)...somebody smarter than me - feel free to pitch in. :stirthepot:

Edited by DJlaysitup

Guest ifthenwouldi

{mrH here}

Childress' QO has zero effect on anything this year.

Evans' signing, however, comes out of the MLE. So, it likely means that either $2.3M or $2.5 (depending on the structure of his deal) are to be subtracted from the MLE total of $5.585. Basically, there's $3M left from the MLE.

Edited by ifthenwouldi

{mrH here}

Childress' QO has zero effect on anything this year.

Evans' signing, however, comes out of the MLE. So, it likely means that either $2.3M or $2.5 (depending on the structure of his deal) are to be subtracted from the MLE total of $5.585. Basically, there's $3M left from the MLE.

Exactly..We can sign anyone using the rest of the MLE for up to 5 years. We can also use the LLE to sign someone for about 1.8 a year I think. The good news is with the Mo Evans signing we can resign Smoove at whatever number they agree to, and also add depth in the post without going over the Luxury tax. If Sund is creative he can really address all our needs.