• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Smith Signed The Offer?

NJHAWK

ok we trade for Rudy Gay but who would be teh starting PF ??

I proposed this trade a few days ago. Hawks send Smoove and Speedy to Memphis for Lowry/Gay and Antoine Walker. My reasoning here is that Walker/Bibby and ZaZA will give us a shyyt load of expireing contracts to trade with. Also we dont have to pay Gay or Lowry much money for 2 more seasons. The starting pf could be Horford because we can trade Marv and some of those huge expireing deals for a good center. Obviously Marv is expendable if we get Rudy Gay.

WTF???LOL

I clearly saw Signed!

Yes they just changed it. The reason I ?nd this is because the title said he they signed him to an offer while the article reads that they sent him an offer. They changed the title when they realized their mistake. I just hope instead of signing it the Hawks and Grizz work out a s & t for Rudy Gay. However if he does sign it and its 5 years 58 mill the Hawks would be brain dead not to match it.

I proposed this trade a few days ago. Hawks send Smoove and Speedy to Memphis for Lowry/Gay and Antoine Walker. My reasoning here is that Walker/Bibby and ZaZA will give us a shyyt load of expireing contracts to trade with. Also we dont have to pay Gay or Lowry much money for 2 more seasons. The starting pf could be Horford because we can trade Marv and some of those huge expireing deals for a good center. Obviously Marv is expendable if we get Rudy Gay.

Please... this isn't a game. Expiring contract doesn't necessarily get you a bonified PF. Will the Hawks even recover from the loss of Smith ? What to do with Marvin? This is now a win-now team... not rebuilding anymore. And Rudy gay isn't that great of a player to be mis-handling the Josh Smith situation like this.

Please... this isn't a game. Expiring contract doesn't necessarily get you a bonified PF. Will the Hawks even recover from the loss of Smith ? What to do with Marvin? This is now a win-now team... not rebuilding anymore. And Rudy gay isn't that great of a player to be mis-handling the Josh Smith situation like this.

It depends on the situation. None of us know what Smith is privately telling the Hawks. He could be telling them he doesnt want to be here anymore. This could be A JJ situation where Smith wont sign the offer right away hoping the Hawks and Grizz can work out a sign and trade because he wants out.

Glad the action is being forced. We should have resolution within the next 7 days. The ASG, however, had better be ready for a complete fan mealt down if they don't match this very reasonable offer sheet.

If Smith hasn't signed the offer sheet, then he's looking for a trade. Now its up to Gearon Jr. to mend the fences or get the max he can from the Griz in an SnT. However, you would have to think a ton of teams would jump in if looks like the Hawks are willing to do an SnT for Josh esp at that level of salary.

My vast preference is for Smith to remain a Hawk, however.