• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Othello Hunter

Scott

Maurice Evans is an established vet. Basketball or any sport is not about the stat sheet. Evans has been a very good player for each team he's played for and when he got a chance to start he didn't dissapoint in Orlando. and the whole thing about losing players is somebody else has to step up and prove themselves,it's not always as bad as it seems.

Don't give me the ol' "its not about the stat sheet" speech, please. I know that. But after last year, I remember hearing about bringing in some veterans. Rick Sund even spun it by saying that the last thing we needed this year was another draft pick (LOL, trying to get us to believe that having no picks is a good thing). JJ was saying that he wanted some veteran help, so we bring him Maurice Evans....somebody who shouldn't of started for the Magic and the only reason he did was because there was no one else. I went to the Magic boards and asked them myself - http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?&am...s=Orlando+Magic , and they watched him play plenty.

Now, I like Mo as a 6th man, but Morris and Hunter...not really the veteran help that was promised. They just seem like projects, not established vets. And, whos to say Woody doesn't do his 7 man rotation again and these guys see the floor as much as Solomon.

I'm just a little disappointed in this off season, and I'm not even taking into account the Chillz situation.

Josh, Bibby and Joe are making to much money for the Hawks to afford high quality veteran help.

I'm not expecting 'high' quality vets like Posey, but there had to be some better FA's than Morris and Hunter. I just don't seeing these moves improving our team that much, if at all. I'm more comfortable with ZaZa/Solomon at C than ZaZa/Morris, but thats just me. Lets pray that I'm wrong, and these guys will help improve the Hawks.