• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Point Guard Situation

TheDude

Well with the Flip Murray addition, and his ability to play as a 3rd point guard, we now have some possible scenarios.

First if Acie Law shows great command of the offense and takes over (AND Speedy is healthy for that part of the season), we have a better ability to trade Bibby's contract at the deadline. And since I don't see this ownership paying Bibby good money, I can see that happening (or I can see them just losing him at the end of the season for nothing)

If Speedy goes down again, we will be covered still with good depth at that position. And now really if he misses one game we can be aggressive about getting him to retire hopefully.

Acie has another point guard in which to gain confidence from. And I don't mean in the way he learns it from Bibby. I mean he has a point guard to school in practice. Doesn't sound like much but not being the low man on the totem pole of the points is good for the psyche.

I think that if ASG is cheap, they'd just let Bibby walk because if they trade him they have to take back salary.

As far as Flip - Acie, I think Flip is ahead of Acie on the depth chart until Acie earns those minutes.

Speedy's health or non-health will prbably have little bearing on what happens with Bibby, I just think he's too much of a risk even if he seems healthy. If he goes down there is just too much of a chance he doesn't get back up regardless of how good he looked before hand.

Is this the latest information on Speedy? If so, I would expect Speedy to be ready to go and I would wonder about the Flip signing.

_______

Form the yahoo team report:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Atr5...ype=team_report

• G Speedy Claxton’s Rocky Mountain Revue stint lasted just two games but it wasn’t because of any continued complications with his oft-troublesome left knee. He had to bolt from the Revue to be by his wife’s side as they welcomed another child to the world.

Claxton, in fact, looked better than expected in live competition for a guy that has only been on the court for 42 games in the past two years. Where he fits in the regular season depends largely on what other transactions the Hawks complete before training camp.

Edited by OGRat

I think Flip's signing has nothing to do with Speedy either. Flip is more of a combo guard anyway and my thought is that Evans is going to be backing up Marv as much as JJ.

If I were the coaching staff, I would just assume that Speedy is going to be out for most of the season. If he isn't, nice bonus, but he played preseason last year too didn't he?

I think Flip's signing has nothing to do with Speedy either. Flip is more of a combo guard anyway and my thought is that Evans is going to be backing up Marv as much as JJ.

If I were the coaching staff, I would just assume that Speedy is going to be out for most of the season. If he isn't, nice bonus, but he played preseason last year too didn't he?

I agree 100%. Well said. As we are currently constructed, Evans will be subbing for Marvin as much as he will for JJ. Evans may play SG with JJ (or Smoove) sliding to SF but he will likely come in for Marv quite a bit. Flip will likey come in for Bibby or JJ.

As for Speedy, IF he is able to play, GREAT but I wouldn't count on him.