• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Take of Sunds Off-Season Moves

frankthetank966

Lets put the Josh saga's aside for a minute and give a quick review on this off-season.

Sund addressed a potential big man by signing Randolph Morris. Although Morris has not performed very well in his two-year NBA career, I think it was a decent signing. First off Sund signed the guy to a two-year deal with the league minimum contract. You can't really go wrong there. Secondly Morris has never really been given a shot playing for the Knicks a disgruntled team the past few years.

Another singing made was Maurice "Mo" Evans. A guard who has been in the league for 5 years. He has potential to put up 10 points, 2-3 rebounds and 2-3 assist off the bench. This was a good signing I think it will be interesting to see how he performs with other athletic players.

This recent signing of Ronald "Flip" Murray is actually pretty good and came at a surprise. This is another "under the radar" made by Sund. Murray is a veteran with playoff experience, has played with great teams in the East such as Cleveland and Detroit. Murray is a solid 6th man.

Now back to the Joshes. Personally I think the Hawks were very smart with the Josh Smith situation, they noticed that teams such as Philly and LAL were not making lucrative contracts to him so they decided to wait. Once a team proposed an offer to him they matched. I truly think that they would've matched as high as $70, but they felt no one was going to offer that much so why should they jump the gun. Anyways we all know how I feel about loosing J-Chill, he was the glue that held this team together but I think Murray or even Evans is an acceptable replacement. Murray has very similar stats to Chill when putting up around the same minutes, just less rebounds and more assists. So what does this say? We need to go out and sign a good big man or make a sign-trade with Salim to get that big man.