• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It does look like Murray got $1.5M.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

The Morning Journal (Cleveland)

* Former Cavs guard Flip Murray signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Hawks. Dynamo Moscow had interest in him, but they settled on Jannero Pargo.

I'm still wondering whether that money came from the MLE or the BAE.

If it was the MLE (very likely), then that leaves the Hawks with $1.585M in MLE money, and $1.9M in BAE money.

The Morning Journal (Cleveland)

I'm still wondering whether that money came from the MLE or the BAE.

If it was the MLE (very likely), then that leaves the Hawks with $1.585M in MLE money, and $1.9M in BAE money.

Does it matter which it came from? Are the Hawks allowed to spend the rest of the MLE and BAE together on one contract?

If not, hopefully Murray's deal came out of the BAE, so we'll still have 3 mil left to spend on a big man if we can dump Solo.

Does it matter which it came from? Are the Hawks allowed to spend the rest of the MLE and BAE together on one contract?

If not, hopefully Murray's deal came out of the BAE, so we'll still have 3 mil left to spend on a big man if we can dump Solo.

You cannot combine exceptions, so either it was from one or the other. If it was from the BAE, then we cannot use it next season.

H I think you are right that it came from the MLE. Next year, the BAE is going to be worth $1.99 million. Also, I don't see the reasoning behind not using the entire BAE. I get the feeling that Sund is now done making any major moves for this offseason aside from a possible Solomon Jones trade.

You cannot combine exceptions, so either it was from one or the other. If it was from the BAE, then we cannot use it next season.

H I think you are right that it came from the MLE. Next year, the BAE is going to be worth $1.99 million. Also, I don't see the reasoning behind not using the entire BAE. I get the feeling that Sund is now done making any major moves for this offseason aside from a possible Solomon Jones trade.

So that means we've only got 1.5 in MLE, would that be enough for a decent big? (if there are any left)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9806

Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Indiana, the Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland, Oklahoma City, Utah and Washington all still have the full mid-level exception worth $5.58 million available to spend should they choose to.

A number of teams also still have the often forgotten bi-annual exception worth approximately $1.9 million. These teams include: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indiana, the Lakers, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New York, Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Utah and Washington.