• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Friday the 13th

Admin

<embed src='http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf' flashvars='m=45036756&v=2&type=video' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='520' height='250' />

I grew up watching friday the 13th movies. I especially like that they are re imagining the start of the saga, as opposed to freddy v jason 2 or jason XI. I was always surprised that Halloween and texas chainsaw massacre had remakes/reboots, but Friday the 13th didnt.

The new halloween and texas chainsaw massacre were crap because they gave up a lot of what made the originals good to try to come up with rationales and motives that were not really needed. On the other hand, friday the 13th was precisely the series that had the most inconsistencies from episode to episode (was jason alive, was he supernatural), and the least amoung of story beyond part 2.

It was definitely one of my favorites growing up as well and I'm eagerly awaiting the remake. I have to disagree though about the Halloween and TCM remakes (well the first TCM remake) as I thought those were very entertaining. I don't think they could have possibly been redone and everyone think that they were better, but I especially liked Halloween!

Did you notice Jason almost running to kill the girl at the end of this trailer? That would definitely be something new!

It was definitely one of my favorites growing up as well and I'm eagerly awaiting the remake. I have to disagree though about the Halloween and TCM remakes (well the first TCM remake) as I thought those were very entertaining. I don't think they could have possibly been redone and everyone think that they were better, but I especially liked Halloween!

Did you notice Jason almost running to kill the girl at the end of this trailer? That would definitely be something new!

Actually, Jason ran in parts 2-4 too. It is only after part 6 that he just walks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nud9-hG0EdY