• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow Plaxico is in major trouble over unlawful gun posession

Admin

Do you have a concealed carry permit? If you do then you'd know that there is a rather in depth class that you have to attend which includes passing a written test and proving your ability to actually fire the gun. At least that's how it is in Texas.

The car analogy is as fitting as can be made here because you are advocating letting anyone that can get their hands on a gun to carry them in the streets concealed without any repercussions. Those people that are able to acquire a gun by non-legal means would not be taking a test to prove that they can handle the weapon.

No, I'm not. I'm advocating anyone who has purchased and registered a gun legally to be able to carry it wherever they so choose.

So, you don't have to prove your ability to know what to do with a gun in Texas? Only if you want to conceal it? That sounds bizarre.

There is no restriction against concealed weapons in Georgia. Only in certain places can you not carry your weapon.

In Texas, there are no restrictions as to who can buy and they do not have to be licensed or registered. Only to "carry" them. That seems a little ridiculous.

Edited by TroyMcClure

No, I'm not. I'm advocating anyone who has purchased and registered a gun legally to be able to carry it wherever they so choose.

So, you don't have to prove your ability to know what to do with a gun in Texas? Only if you want to conceal it? That sounds bizarre.

There is no restriction against concealed weapons in Georgia. Only in certain places can you not carry your weapon.

In Texas, there are no restrictions as to who can buy and they do not have to be licensed or registered. Only to "carry" them. That seems a little ridiculous.

Who said there are no restrictions to buy a gun in Texas? I'm saying that you have to prove that you're capable of understanding the law and handling situations that are different between simply owning a gun that you're not allowed to conceal and owning a gun that you can legally conceal and carry into most places. They are 2 very different things and as such you should have to show that you are capable of dealing with each situation.

No, I'm not. I'm advocating anyone who has purchased and registerd a gun legally to be able to carry it wherever they so choose.

Most states are like that, with different requirements for sale and carrying, especially concealed.

In any case, even in Georgia, and even if he had all permits, he would still be breaking the law, since you cant carry it into any place that is licensed for alcohol sales and consumption on premises.