• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow. Pitch Black is one of the most underrated movies of the decade

Plainview1981

t08036n8mq1.jpg

I forgot just how solid this movie is. Obviously it owes alot to Alien and Tremors, but it's outstanding. It's a good movie to see Vin Diesel before he became an overpaid action star. It's good good tension, some decent gore and it's fairly well acted with the exception of Keith David who was a miscast for his role in this movie. I don't think his character really worked.

Also, I think Cole Hauser did well in his role. He is like a mix between Matthew McConaughey and maybe abit of Rutger Hauer. Only movie I've seen him in, so I could have the wrong impression of him. But the movie is clearly held up by Vin and Radha Mitchell though. It's a blast and totally underrated. I'd give it an 8/10.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I liked it. I would not go as far as one of the most underrated movies but it was entertaining. Riddick was a pretty interesting character. However, the sequel was just plain awful.

Honestly, I blew it off the first time I saw it back in 2001. But I liked it much better this time. It steals from alot of other horror/sci-fi horror flicks, but it's still underrated by sci-fi standards. I haven't seen the 2nd one and have little desire to do so.

• Admin
Honestly, I blew it off the first time I saw it back in 2001. But I liked it much better this time. It steals from alot of other horror/sci-fi horror flicks, but it's still underrated by sci-fi standards. I haven't seen the 2nd one and have little desire to do so.

don't bother....absolutely terrible

I just thought the movie was boring and the special effects were poorly done.

Oddly enough while I wouldn't say I liked Chronicles, I did enjoy it a lot more than Pitch Black.

I felt the same way the first time I watched it. But I thought it was much better the 2nd time. It's somewhat slow like Alien in the first half, but then turns into Tremors the 2nd half. It sounds like maybe you wanted more an action movie. I enjoyed the way Vin's character toyed with the rest of the group. I'll quote somebody that put it best:

"

Vin and Radha really work together, he tests her humanity so much, and that kind of dramatic angle works in science-fiction/horror very well. Beautifully shot, scored, and with a great cast. Always depend on this to lift me up in an entertainment slump. The creatures are very effective to boot."

I felt the same way the first time I watched it. But I thought it was much better the 2nd time. It's somewhat slow like Alien in the first half, but then turns into Tremors the 2nd half. It sounds like maybe you wanted more an action movie. I enjoyed the way Vin's character toyed with the rest of the group. I'll quote somebody that put it best:

"

Vin and Radha really work together, he tests her humanity so much, and that kind of dramatic angle works in science-fiction/horror very well. Beautifully shot, scored, and with a great cast. Always depend on this to lift me up in an entertainment slump. The creatures are very effective to boot."

Perhaps I'd like it better if I saw it again, I don't know. I saw it in the theater when it first opened not knowing anything about Riddick or any of that stuff so I had no idea what to expect. I don't mind a movie being slow and certainly don't need it to be an action movie, it just wasn't that appealing to me. It's absolutely nowhere near Alien in my book and I'd probably lump it in with Tremors which I thought was made for the USA Network type of movie.