• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Libid21's NBA 2k9 Association Thread

mattlanta

Yep, made one again... I promise not to have any angry outbreaks over the game this time. I'm currently simming (I'm developing my players and scouting new prospects each week) the first season. I had an association already where I played all 82 games, but I decided to go with a sim league.

One thing I'd like to b*tch about though is the ridiculous contract demands of these players. Why in the world does Raymond Felton get 12 Mill/Year contract, Nate Robinson 11 Mill/Year, and Bibby demands at 10 Mill/Year contract? I just think that's absurd, I hope they fix that next year, but it's not that big of a deal - I just wanted to see if anyone else thought it was annoying trying to play a realistic association and then after having one season your PG and SF are demanding 2-3 mill more than they're worth.

So yeah, I'll be aiming to get Steve Nash at the end of the year if Bibby doesn't resign. I'll post the end of the year stats when I can and then post the game stats like in my old topic. Not sure how many games I'll be able to play compared to last time's though.

I didn't do too much yet. My team finished the season without making the playoffs. I fired Woodson for Karl, the old Denver coach. I think he's bound to retire soon, so I only signed him to a two year contract and signed a better assistant coach for more money.

I let Mike Bibby (asking for a lucrative contract - something like 5 years for 10 mill with 10% back so it gradually increases to 13 mill) and Marvin (same deal, asking for too much - something like 9 mill gradually going up to 12 mill) walk. I resigned Pachulia to a contract that started off around 3.65 and ended up somewhere in the 4.8 mill for 4 years.

I stopped once we arrived at the NBA Draft so I could sleep... so yeah, just woke up.

I'm thinking of making an almost eplica copy of the Jazz's roster, although I don't think it would be realistic since didn't Karl have a shooting SF (Melo) and not a defensive SF (Smith)?

So I decided to play more realistically and re-sign Woodson (he's one of the cheapest decent coaches in the game, and ASG is cheap so...)

Anyways, I would explain how I got these players, but it would take too long. So here's my new roster.

2009-10 Final Roster

PG: Steve Nash, Acie Law, Speedy Claxton

SG: Joe Johnson, Maurice Evans, Flip Murray

SF: Marvin Williams, Sheldon Willis (Rookie)

PF: Al Horford, Solomon Jones, D.J. Williamson (Rookie)

C: Andrew Bynum, Zaza Pachulia, Randolph Morris

I resigned...

Marvin to 5 Years, 40.82 Million

Zaza to 4 Years, 18.10 Million

Flip to 3 Years, 11.53 Million

Solomon to 3 Years, 3.12 Million

I'll post the first game as soon as I play it. Maybe tonight. I'm simming the preseason... hopefully no one gets injured while I'm simming it.

Edited by Libid21

I hope Bibby doesn't try to pull that crap with me in the offseason. The Trailblazers gave me Rudy Fernandez and Luke Jackson for Acie Law. So yea my squad is pretty much unbeatable we are 29-3.

He signed with the Suns for a lucrative contract that started around $11 Million and then ended around the fifth year for $14 or 15 Million. Talk about ridiculous.

I came back in the fourth quarter when I was down by 13 with 1:30 left on the clock with Steve Nash. He is so much better offensively than Bibby is in the game. Better three (can sink any three with him) and faster. Just hard to worse defense so it's hard to guard people like Gilbert. Bynum dominates the boards. I'll post the game's stats tomorrow. I'm headed to sleep!