• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forcing Shots = Lack of Concentration and Coaching

frankthetank966

If you look at the last 5 minutes of play tonight, the Hawks trailed to a young Bobcats team by 4 pts twice. What you commonly found with the Hawks, is that they were forcing shots. Whether is was Marvin continually trying to drive a crowded lane or Flip trying to make something of nothing. There were too many opportunities open around the perimeter yet the Hawks continued to force inside shots.

You can blame two elements of the Hawks game. The players clearly have no concentration and are trying to play as individuals rather than a TEAM! The Bobcats also were out hustling the Hawks almost every play down the stretch.

The other elements, is the coaching. Woody, has no idea how to control the tempo of the game when his team is on a run.

To me this just proves that the Hawks are not quit there. In my opinion, we are a overhyped and an overrated team. We have our chances but we could never finish. We can't miss simple free throws. Heck' I am not even in the NBA but if you put me at the FT line I could hit 70% of my shots. Missing free throws is a lack of practice and lack of concentration (a phrase that frequently comes to mind when I think of this team) This is the same deal against the Cavs sunday night. We were winning by five with about a minute remaining yet wound up loosing by a point. We can't close, and the only way this will change is by making a coaching change. The coach is where is starts. He is the one who disciplines the players.

Edited by frankthetank966

You can blame two elements of the Hawks game. The players clearly have no concentration and are trying to play as individuals rather than a TEAM! The Bobcats also were out hustling the Hawks almost every play down the stretch.

The other elements, is the coaching. Woody, has no idea how to control the tempo of the game when his team is on a run.

Tank, I agree with you. But I think that these two elements stem from the same point -- COACHING! While I think that Woody is not a great coach, I don't think he is as bad as the play on the court sometimes indicates. I really believe for the most part the player have tuned him out. It's hard for me to believe that the glaring issues we as fans see and point out night after night, a highly paid and experienced coaching staff can't see and correct in over a half a season. That brings me to my point, I'm sure that Woody institues new plays and schemes at practice, I just don't think that the players have faith enough in Woody's plans to stay with them when things get tough. Once things go south, no amout of yelling (or benching) from Woody with get them to get back on plan. It's iso time then. Woody is a tired act and he can't coach up a team with bad chemistry and a low effort level.

I think a new coach (or an interim assistant) would bring a fresh start and possibly a winning streak but if that new coach is not respected and an X and O's guy, this team will be back in the same place again. That said, a change is definitely needed.

Tank, I agree with you. But I think that these two elements stem from the same point -- COACHING! While I think that Woody is not a great coach, I don't think he is as bad as the play on the court sometimes indicates. I really believe for the most part the player have tuned him out. It's hard for me to believe that the glaring issues we as fans see and point out night after night, a highly paid and experienced coaching staff can't see and correct in over a half a season. That brings me to my point, I'm sure that Woody institues new plays and schemes at practice, I just don't think that the players have faith enough in Woody's plans to stay with them when things get tough. Once things go south, no amout of yelling (or benching) from Woody with get them to get back on plan. It's iso time then. Woody is a tired act and he can't coach up a team with bad chemistry and a low effort level.

I think a new coach (or an interim assistant) would bring a fresh start and possibly a winning streak but if that new coach is not respected and an X and O's guy, this team will be back in the same place again. That said, a change is definitely needed.

Change is def. needed. And a few weeks ago, I thought it was too late; but right now I want him gone.