• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons Draft Preview

coachx

NFL Channel has done a show the last 2 years called Path To The Draft. Each episode looks at one NFL team's draft needs. The go from pick 30 down to 1.

The Falcons pick will be up Thurseday !

For those who did not watch. Mike Mayock rocks ! Dude hit on like 18 out of the first 20 picks last year on draft day. Before ever pick they asked who he thinks each team would take and he hardly ever missed.

He said what Atlanta really needs is a run stuffing DT but there will not be one there thats 1st round worthy. Any way, he predicted we would go Pettigrew to fill the TE hole if he is left for us.

Jamie Dukes predicted we go Butler, the CB out of U Conn with the highest vertical and best agility scores at the combine to go with a 4.45 in the 40. He then said the Falcons may snag Laurenitis if Butler is gone. Mayock asked him where he would play him, knowing we already got Lofton and just signed Peterson (who can play any LB position). Dukes said he would stick him inside. That basically makes your 3 best LBs best fit at ILB. How stupid is that ?

Mayock predicts Butler goes between 20-25. He has already had 3 visits with the Dolphins who pick #25. If Parcells likes him he must be pretty good. I am not as big a fan of his b/c Asher Allen from UGA has the same measurables and played with a broken hand in the SEC at a very high level. Give him 2 hands and watch out ! They said he is very smart, fitting the Patriot way, which makes me think he must have a very good wunderlick score. It also make me think the Patriots may snag him at #23. If a guy with his athletic ability is also smarter then average then they are starting to sale me on him......It seems his less **** attitude and intervies may have allowed him to jump the cocky and arrogant, but very good, A. Smith from Wake Forest.

Butler is also a good kick returner too which could save the team that takes him a roster spot.

You may have the 3 best drafting teams in the leage pick back to back to back:

23. Patriots

24. Falcons

25. Dolphins (Parcels)

Edited by coachx

For those who did not watch. Mike Mayock rocks ! Dude hit on like 18 out of the first 20 picks last year on draft day. Before ever pick they asked who he thinks each team would take and he hardly ever missed.

He said what Atlanta really needs is a run stuffing DT but there will not be one there thats 1st round worthy. Any way, he predicted we would go Pettigrew to fill the TE hole if he is left for us.

Jamie Dukes predicted we go Butler, the CB out of U Conn with the highest vertical and best agility scores at the combine to go with a 4.45 in the 40. He then said the Falcons may snag Laurenitis if Butler is gone. Mayock asked him where he would play him, knowing we already got Lofton and just signed Peterson (who can play any LB position). Dukes said he would stick him inside. That basically makes your 3 best LBs best fit at ILB. How stupid is that ?

Mayock predicts Butler goes between 20-25. He has already had 3 visits with the Dolphins who pick #25. If Parcells likes him he must be pretty good. I am not as big a fan of his b/c Asher Allen from UGA has the same measurables and played with a broken hand in the SEC at a very high level. Give him 2 hands and watch out ! They said he is very smart, fitting the Patriot way, which makes me think he must have a very good wunderlick score. It also make me think the Patriots may snag him at #23. If a guy with his athletic ability is also smarter then average then they are starting to sale me on him......It seems his less **** attitude and intervies may have allowed him to jump the cocky and arrogant, but very good, A. Smith from Wake Forest.

Butler is also a good kick returner too which could save the team that takes him a roster spot.

23. Patriots

24. Falcons

25. Dolphins (Parcels)

I'm definitely what you would consider a "Homer"... Would love the thought of Allen filling one of the holes on the D... So that's good news... To be honest, I do not want to draft a TE that early... Just seems like this should be a defensive draft... Maybe an olineman, but other than that defense...

23. Patriots

24. Falcons

25. Dolphins (Parcels)

I would like to see the Falcons take Conner at 24. Then take best OLB or DT in the second round. Jared Cook might be a good pickup in the second would be a steal in the 3rd. I also like the TE out of Florida Ingram if we could get him in the 5th. Probably need an offensive lineman in there but I wouldn't be upset if we went defense, defense, defense. I don't think we take an OLB high unless somebody like Cushing is sitting there at 24. Maybe another LB in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

But with the way the Falcons drafted last year, I am going to enjoy and give them the benefit of the doubt regardless of who they pick.

Hawk88

Unless we pick up a couple more FA we have to fill holes in the draft and that's a tall order. Given that Smith is a defensive coach, I bet we get us some studs to build a defense for years to come. That's one thing I love about TD. He's putting together a young team that will be here for a while.