• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mario West 3rd on Sports Center

Vesper

Always great to see our boys get some love. Joe was on the front page of ESPN.com after the win last night too.

Also, congrats to Mario. I can't speak for him personally, but that may have just been the highlight of his career right there.

Believe it or not, the Hawks are actually getting some respect. Normally if the Hawks did something like this, SC would do a quick highlight and then be like "O wow, break up the Hawks! Stunning upset!"

But not here. If anything they gave us props for being a formidable team, breaking their streak, and doing it in style.

I also like the fact that the hometown guy (Douglasville represent) got on Sportscenter. Awesome.

From Hollinger:

3. With Marvin Williams out indefinitely with a back injury and Maurice Evans contributing little of late, Atlanta turned to little-used Mario West in the first half of Wednesday night's win over Utah. West had three points, four rebounds, three assists, a block and a steal, and his manic physicality was a big asset against the Jazz's brutish playing style.

West had been used almost strictly as an end-of-quarter defensive sub when the other team had the ball in last-shot situations -- he's appeared in 37 games, but this was the first time he'd played more than seven in a non-blowout situation.

He's never going to score much, but if he can bring defense and energy the way he did against the Jazz, he may be able to carve out a more regular gig. Though he's only 6-5, West has a 15.0 rebound rate this season -- one that would beat out a good chunk of the league's centers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/col...mInsider-090312

I know Hollinger gets to a lot of Hawks games, I've never seen him (where does he sit? Press box?), so I'm sure he's aware of Rio.