• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistsons Claim Referees Favor Dwyane Wade

http://www.freep.com/article/2009032...+Pistons+fall+

Curry gets tossed as Pistons fall

Pistons coach Michael Curry thought it was an obvious foul.

Ditto for the rest of the Pistons.

But that's not how the officials saw it.

On a play in which there appeared to be contact, Rodney Stuckey was stymied by Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade with 1.9 seconds left Sunday causing Curry to receive the first ejection of his coaching career and the Pistons fell to the Heat, 101-96 at the Palace.

The No. 5 Heat (37-32) is three games ahead of the No. 7 Pistons in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

But the last sequence left Curry and the players shaking their heads.

"They were calling us for those same fouls all game long, riding Wade to the basket," said Tayshaun Prince, who scored 14 points, but missed several key shots down the stretch. "You can see why Coach Curry got thrown out the game because of that situation, and we felt what D-Wade did to Stuckey at the end of the game, they were calling us for those fouls on the other end over the course of the game.

"Obviously you know in late-game situations they are going to try to let us play, but I think you saw the inconsistency there when Stuck' drove on that play and got rode all the way to the basket, and that was pretty much the game right there."

The Heat's Udonis Haslem then made a jumper off an offensive rebound with 6.3 seconds left to give the Heat a 97-96 lead.

Curry called a time-out to set up a play for Stuckey.

He drove right and it appeared Wade was riding him all the way and was able to block Stuckey's shot. Wade picked up the loose ball and Curry got two technicals, which carries an automatic ejection.

"I guess the ref saw it different," said Stuckey, who returned to the lineup after missing one game with a bad cold. "I thought I went to the basket aggressively while he had 10 of his fingers on me and they didn't call the foul.

"He's an All-Star so I guess you are going to get those calls."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the Hawks are going to get in 3 weeks. The refs are going to help Miami and Wade get to the better teams. I'll be shocked if this series is even close to being called fairly.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Welcome to the NBA?

I don't see how the NBA referees could get Wade that far in the playoffs. I think more people would rather see the Hawks go up against the Celtics again instead of seeing Wade go to the next round and get eliminated. Hawks have a higher chance of going further in the playoffs than the Heat do.

Welcome to the NBA?

I don't see how the NBA referees could get Wade that far in the playoffs. I think more people would rather see the Hawks go up against the Celtics again instead of seeing Wade go to the next round and get eliminated. Hawks have a higher chance of going further in the playoffs than the Heat do.

It matters to them what they think the fans want. There are going to be alot of p!ssed off people in here once the playoffs start I do believe.

• Admin

I hate how the refs favor stars. It is complete BS and I think takes away from the game. Lebron, Wade and Kobe always get phantom calls while regular players do not. It should be even whether you are the 12th man or the MVP of the league.