• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Win the NBA Title in 20?

ATLSmith

Hawks win the title in?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clearly the Hawks have improved greatly this year and are on their way to securing the 4th or 5th spot in the east. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me, but they would shock just about everyone if they won the title this year.

My question to HawkSquawk is; when do you think the Hawks will win the NBA title?

I say we have a shot at winning the whole thing in 2011.

My reasoning:

We won't win this year but should get through the first round.

In the off-season, Sund could either;

(a) work some magic and make us a true contender for 2010, or

(b) draft well and continue to develop our core team. This will allow us to evaluate the talent we acquire in this years draft and trade away the players that don't fit at the end of 2010 for the players we need to make a serious run for the title in 2011.

Let me know what you think. Really, even if you think the answer is never.

p.s. Vote based on the year and your own thoughts. The comments in the pole are just for fun.

If we make another move to get another big name or some more help in the post between now and 2012, then we should at least be in finals contention. 2011 should be the time when the core (hopefully not blown up by then) will have reached their peaks, which will be hell for the rest of the NBA.