• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Khao$'s Individual Expectations

khaos7

I believe if the following persons do the following, we have a great chance to win:

Joe Johnson: Joe has to average 25 points and shoot no lower than 45%. We can't have any 5 for 19 nights. He has to be on. One way to accomplish this is to have Joe utilize that deadly floater he has and not rely so much on his jumper. Additionally, he's our best assist man. When he has double teams, don't dribble the ball for 22 seconds and kick out to Josh at the 3 point line. I believe the ball will move around if Joe allows it to. Lastly, he must REBOUND. Wade is a big rebounder at the guard position. We need Joe to match that. Joe must prove his All Star status.

Mike Bibby: He's the starter with the most playoff experience. No ill advised quick jumpers that will lead to fast breaks for the Heat. He's also our biggest defensive liability. We can't do anything about that or the step he's lost. The only thing we can ask for in his case is for him to stay in front of his man. Needless to say, our switching defense will have to become a major factor in keeping Chalmers from blowing past Bibby and taking it to the rim.

Josh Smith: He must be the best defensive player in the series. Period. He must become an intimidator around the rim. He also needs to stay out of foul trouble and play within his game. He has to win the Beasley-Smith match up (if it is Beasley he's up against). If it is Haslem, he can't allow Haslem to punk him in the paint (as he has done in the past) and average double figures. Additionally, he must stay FOCUS. No ill-advised jumpers. Take the jumper only if the offensive flow dictates it. Attack the rim.

Marvin Williams: Marvin is the X -factor IMHO. He should just play his game. Hit his open jumpers. Drive it to the hole when other guys shots aren't falling. Most importantly, I believe he is the key to our defensive strategy. Use those long arms to affect shot selections and play aggressive.

Al Horford. We need a double double each night. He's capable of doing this. O'Neal is bigger, but not more athletic. I would argue they are a tie in terms of strength. He must hold it down in the paint. He cannot disappear in the game. If Al has a big series, I truly believe we'll win. 8pts and 9 rebounds won't do it. 12 and 10 and I smell the second round.

Flip Murray: Just score the ball baby! Pass it if the shot isn't there. However, you're the offense off the bench. Just score!

Mo Evans: Must hit that open 3 and be a defensive changer. When he subs for Marvin, it must be a seemless change.

Zaza Pachullia: Zaza is our only big off the bench (Woody won't depend much on Solo). He must stay out of foul trouble and avoid dribbling the ball too much. Think the Boston series. If we have that Zaza, we'll be okay. He must match Magloire's intensity.

Solomon Jones and Mario West: If you play, make sure your name is called for all the right reasons. I'll leave it at that...

Collectively: As a team, we have more playoff experience (outside of Wade of course). We have to use that to our advantage. We also have to be the hungrier team. That means, we have to dive for the loose balls and not wait for rebounds to come to us. The team that rebounds the best, shares the ball, and has the fewest turnovers will win, I believe. Woodson would be happy to hear that.

I believe if the following persons do the following, we have a great chance to win:

Joe Johnson: Joe has to average 25 points and shoot no lower than 45%. We can't have any 5 for 19 nights. He has to be on. One way to accomplish this is to have Joe utilize that deadly floater he has and not rely so much on his jumper. Additionally, he's our best assist man. When he has double teams, don't dribble the ball for 22 seconds and kick out to Josh at the 3 point line. I believe the ball will move around if Joe allows it to. Lastly, he must REBOUND. Wade is a big rebounder at the guard position. We need Joe to match that. Joe must prove his All Star status.

Mike Bibby: He's the starter with the most playoff experience. No ill advised quick jumpers that will lead to fast breaks for the Heat. He's also our biggest defensive liability. We can't do anything about that or the step he's lost. The only thing we can ask for in his case is for him to stay in front of his man. Needless to say, our switching defense will have to become a major factor in keeping Chalmers from blowing past Bibby and taking it to the rim.

Josh Smith: He must be the best defensive player in the series. Period. He must become an intimidator around the rim. He also needs to stay out of foul trouble and play within his game. He has to win the Beasley-Smith match up (if it is Beasley he's up against). If it is Haslem, he can't allow Haslem to punk him in the paint (as he has done in the past) and average double figures. Additionally, he must stay FOCUS. No ill-advised jumpers. Take the jumper only if the offensive flow dictates it. Attack the rim.

Marvin Williams: Marvin is the X -factor IMHO. He should just play his game. Hit his open jumpers. Drive it to the hole when other guys shots aren't falling. Most importantly, I believe he is the key to our defensive strategy. Use those long arms to affect shot selections and play aggressive.

Al Horford. We need a double double each night. He's capable of doing this. O'Neal is bigger, but not more athletic. I would argue they are a tie in terms of strength. He must hold it down in the paint. He cannot disappear in the game. If Al has a big series, I truly believe we'll win. 8pts and 9 rebounds won't do it. 12 and 10 and I smell the second round.

Flip Murray: Just score the ball baby! Pass it if the shot isn't there. However, you're the offense off the bench. Just score!

Mo Evans: Must hit that open 3 and be a defensive changer. When he subs for Marvin, it must be a seemless change.

Zaza Pachullia: Zaza is our only big off the bench (Woody won't depend much on Solo). He must stay out of foul trouble and avoid dribbling the ball too much. Think the Boston series. If we have that Zaza, we'll be okay. He must match Magloire's intensity.

Solomon Jones and Mario West: If you play, make sure your name is called for all the right reasons. I'll leave it at that...

Collectively: As a team, we have more playoff experience (outside of Wade of course). We have to use that to our advantage. We also have to be the hungrier team. That means, we have to dive for the loose balls and not wait for rebounds to come to us. The team that rebounds the best, shares the ball, and has the fewest turnovers will win, I believe. Woodson would be happy to hear that.

If each player can follow through on what you think needs to be done to win, I think the Hawks would have a chance to beat anybody in a 7 game series! Go Hawks!

If each player can follow through on what you think needs to be done to win, I think the Hawks would have a chance to beat anybody in a 7 game series! Go Hawks!

I've finally come to the conclusion that we have to concern ourselves with what we do and not what the other guys do. If we execute, the other guys will have trouble executing. It's that simple. If we rebound, we hustle, we play defense, we don't turnover the ball , and we score, we have a great chance to win. Don't get me wrong; I'm scared of the refs and Wade. However, if we do our part, we have a chance.

I've finally come to the conclusion that we have to concern ourselves with what we do and not what the other guys do. If we execute, the other guys will have trouble executing. It's that simple. If we rebound, we hustle, we play defense, we don't turnover the ball , and we score, we have a great chance to win. Don't get me wrong; I'm scared of the refs and Wade. However, if we do our part, we have a chance.

I would add that Woodson has to coach this team. Make the adjustments as the Heat figure out what we are doing.

First and foremost get away from all the damn switching. The Heat will abuse Bibby all night with switching JJ for Bibby.

The Hawks need to mix in full zones with their man-to-man play. Make the Heat hit long 3 pointers while playing zone. If they start doing that, go back to man, otherwise stick with zone to make it very hard for Wade to drive.

And that's the part that concerns me. Woody.

Me too. He has to be able to make adjustments during the game. Although, when the scoreboard comes on, Woody can sometimes look like a deer in headlights. Luckily, we're facing a team in which it's not too difficult to comprehend what needs to be done to win. Hassle Wade all the time, don't let Beasley get 30.

I would add that Woodson has to coach this team. Make the adjustments as the Heat figure out what we are doing.

First and foremost get away from all the damn switching. The Heat will abuse Bibby all night with switching JJ for Bibby.

The Hawks need to mix in full zones with their man-to-man play. Make the Heat hit long 3 pointers while playing zone. If they start doing that, go back to man, otherwise stick with zone to make it very hard for Wade to drive.

This part worries me. But I think that last year demonstrated that when we had some success we got momentum and it got us pumped up. Getting this going early would definately help and then individual guys pick each other up if the other one slips. We will win the first round and if our confidence grows we can win the second.

This part worries me. But I think that last year demonstrated that when we had some success we got momentum and it got us pumped up. Getting this going early would definately help and then individual guys pick each other up if the other one slips. We will win the first round and if our confidence grows we can win the second.

At the same time, last year Law played very well against Rondo in gaem 2 or 3, and Woody barely plays him the rest of the series...