OK.... What if....

Diesel

• Premium Member

BTW, this is highly Possible.

What if Cuban calls Knight and says...

Hey, I would give you:

Finley, Mills, Welsch, and a 1st for Theo/CC/Hendu.

Who here wouldn't do it?

Right now, Mills and Welsch can still be traded (48 hour window). There are good reports about Daniels and Maybe Cuban is ready to try him or Howard as Starters.

AND

The Mavs Need Defense in the worst possible way and I think they'd give their left.... for Theo.

We'd have:

JT/Finley/Mills/SAR/Nazr.

Now, Mills is not penciled in, he's here because at the end of the year, his salary yield 6.6 million. However, he is an experienced Sf. Of Course, Finley is a SG/Sf so we can play him at Sf and go with Diaw, Hansen, or Welsch as SG.

In FAcy, I say we pick up a C...

Who here would not do it?

THis my sound insane but we would need Henderson as a backup at PF and Center. I am not going to give up 2big guys in Theo & Alan for 2guards and a small forward. We need all the size we can get and Henderson is one of if not the best rebounder on the team. The only way I would do it is if they took just Theo& CC.

• Premium Member

Well,

as I have said on many occassions...

I think Hendu has value. He is a very good rebounding (especially offensive) PF. He is a good BU too. The problem is that he's not worth his contract....BUT.......

Mark Cuban was a big IU fan.

Started his Broadcast.com in order to Watch IU...

When Alan Henderson was the star of IU basketball (or at least co-star next to Knight).

If anybody would be willing to take on Hendu's (now short) contract, I think Mark Cuban would.

The fact that Hendu can play PF and C makes him a good deal. ANd NEXT year, his value will go up because he will be in the last year of his contract.

As far as CC is concerned, I agree with you that he doesn't have MUCH value. Not because he's overpaid (he makes just 1 million more than the vet min and less than the MCE). But because he's always injured. If CC could play the whole season, his worth would be greater than it is now.

The question is this....

What is Dallas willing to give?

For them, this is an easy deal.

Finley is not the iron man that he used to be. They have rode him like Houston rode Earl Campbell. Once a 2 gaurd start experiencing injury on a yearly basis... It's about time.

Welsch is a potential player.

Mills is a guy that they probably don't want.

Really, all that Dallas loses is the big Contract of Finley.

What they gain is one of the best shot blockers in the game (if not THE BEST) and 2 BUs who can play and whoose contract ends soon.

The trade doesn't have to involve Wahad for it to be fair.

I agree. The trade's actually a pretty fair one for both teams, each walking away not completely sure if it was the right thing to do. It lowers the Mavs payroll/LT contracts, something that they've got to do. IMO, they've got to keep Nash - he truly fuels that team and has a great relationship with Dirk.

Dirk's the future of the team, though they used Finley to get them to where they are. Finley would fit in nicely here, providing what Reef can't...and Theo would fill a major hole their...

• Premium Member

When you look at it, they'd have an awesome frontline.

Theo - Shot blocker.

Dirk - Do everything at 7 ft.

Twain - Big Man who can score inside.

There are questions in the backcourt however, one answer is Nash....