• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I can't think of any good reason to resign Bibby..

AtLaS

I think it's an easy decision for a good GM. This team needs a playmaking/defensive point guard, or the team needs a new Coach because we've peaked with the current players with Woody. So in effect, if we can resign Bibby at a good price then we need a new Coach and this team might still improve significantly.

Hmm, I like this new theory..lol.

I wouldn't sign Bibby to more then a one-year deal.

-He is a HUGE liability on defense.

-He is slow

-He can't drive

-He doesnt generate offense for his teammates ( JJ had more assists then our "pg")

-When he's cold, he'll shoot the Hawks out of the game

-He's old

+Clutch shooter

+When he's hot, he can carry the offense

+Above-average passer

+Makes good decisions

+Well liked

Too many negatives, and the positives arent enough. We need to be more athletic in our back court. We need more speed. We cant have such a black hole on defense, especially with Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Devis Harris, Felton, Ford, Tony Parker, Rose, Nate Robinson, Chauncey Billups, Jameer Nelson, et al being able to exploit us.

The way I see it, we're probably going to build around JJ and Josh Smith, with maybe Horford (if we're ok with being short at center for the next 5-7 years) or Williams (if we're going to try to utilize his shooting touch and keep drinking the "he has potential" kool-aid). So we HAVE to upgrade either at point guard, shooting guard (and move JJ to sf) OR sf (lose Marvin), or center (trade Horford). Power Forward is the only lock because we have Josh and Horford. I think if we had a quicker, athletic pg, the rest of our starting lineup would be good enough to get us 50 wins.

New point guard (Sessions, Felton, or take a shot with Acie though I know that wont happen)

JJ

Marvin

Josh

Horford

Flip

Mo

Zaza

Chills

I think we could grab at least the 3-seed with that team.

With Woody coming back you can bet your last dollar that Bibby will be back. There is no way a young PG comes in and Woody plays him in Woody's contract year. Woody will demand he's resigned, and he will be. Hopefully Sund doesn't pay too much to appease Woody.