• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cleaning the Harddrive.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK, I was a little off... The Girlfriend thing dropped Grob's value a bit... However, I was close in calling the Grob and the GP trade...

http://pub12.ezboard.com/fhawksquawkfrm8.s...icID=7841.topic

In reply to:

After a season that was less than good, Milwaukee is about to start the firesell. What they are selling is BigDog and Cassell.

While Cassell is a nice point, Big Dog fills our needs. Look for Karl and Company to come after our picks and our defense.

I suspect that we will probably look to give up Glover, Toni and the 2 picks.... But Milwaukee won't rest until they have hammered out a deal for Theo. So, here's what I see..

Theo/Glover for Big Dog/Pryz.

This move gives Karl Just enough leighway in case he really wants to stretch out after Gary Payton for one last run....

Can't you see:

Seattle trading Payton/2 future first rounders for Allen/Casell??

Milwaukee rebuilds with Theo/GP/Glover and 2 1st rounders

We get Pryz/Big Dog.

Seattle gets Allen/Cassell.

GP/Redd(Glover)/Thomas/Mason/Theo.

Hmm?

Terry/Demarr/Big Dog/SAR/Pryz??

Jamison sucks. Scorer on bad teams with no defense,

no rebounding, and another tweener. Even with that

lineup he'd have the biggest collection of losers in

the NBA.

JT/Shareef/Dre/Jamison collection of losers.

That would still be a terrible deal.

First, it would saddle the Hawks with Jamison's contract.

Second, it would cause all sorts of chemistry problems considering that both Jamison and Reef are post oriented offensive players.

Third, that team would be a terrible perimeter shooting team. Andre Miller is a very poor perimeter shooter, and Jamison isn't much better. With still no shooting guard to speak of, I'd rather not gave up the only player on this team that can consistently shoot from the perimeter and create his own shot.

Theo

Reef

Diaw

Glover

JT

and right now, that is the BEST we can hope for! We might not even get that!

You pointed out all the neagtives of having Jamison and Miller but what about the positives?

Jamison CAN shoot from the perimeter as can Reef. Neither is a great 3 point shooter but both can knock down the midrange J regularly. In addition, they could feed off each other when one or the other posted up in the paint. Last year, Reef passed to a cutting Ira, Dion or Dog. Jamison would be GREAT diving to the basket when Reef got doubled. We would be a better rebounding team with Jamison. We would be a BIGGER team with Jamison. We would be a more athletic team with Jamison.

As for Miller, he's more of a true PG than JT. He's a better ballhandler than JT. He's bigger and stronger than JT. He's a better defender than JT. JT is quicker, a better perimeter shooter and a better scorer but Miller is considered by virtually EVERYONE who's not a Hawks' fan to be the superior PG overall. That's why Miller has a contract right now and JT doesn't.

As for the no shooting guard, that would be a LOT easier problem to solve with Miller at PG versus having JT there. With Miller, Wes Person, or even Voshon Lenard would be a very solid PG. With JT, we need a guy who can not only shoot and score, he has to help run the offense. Which type of player is more difficult to find?