• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I dont understand this cap stuff

Sasquatch

I keep hearing announcers feed the rumor that Lebron might leave Cleveland for New York. I get the part about big market... It's the rest that does not add up. Does he have a chance of winning the championship there?

Which brings me to the Hawks. I have to think that if Lebron came here he would have a better chance of winning a ring than he did with Cleveland or he would with New York.

Thus the cap issue. I am assuming that would be the main stumbling block. However, Boston had KG, Paula, and Ray Allen, which are pretty hefty contracts. The Nuggets have: Billups, Mello, NeNe, and Kenyan Martin. Why would the Hawks not be in the running? We hear about the addition of Stoudemire. He's gonna get paid too.

I know the Belkin issue would be a major dilema. However, if it involves Lebron, would it be a bad business decision to say listen, let's squash this never ending ridiculousness. No sale. No break up. Belkin stays a partner, but he has no more say than the others. I think it is clear that he simply does not want to not (double negative) be an NBA owner. Which he never will be after he relinquishes the Hawks. Wouldn't the Spirit have to consider this too?

I know they are cash strapped but dude. I'm "cash strapped" too! If I were the owner and Lebron would even sniff at the notion of coming here, I would pay it. Beg, borrow, or steal. How could you not make that money back? Lebron alone is one thing, but the slew of championships would be an absolute mother load. Ticket prices would go through the roof, but somebody would pay it. We have a lot of stars in this city. I would love to see our front row stars compared to LA's. Cleveland?

Edited by Sasquatch

I know the Belkin issue would be a major dilema. However, if it involves Lebron, would it be a bad business decision to say listen, let's squash this never ending ridiculousness. No sale. No break up. Belkin stays a partner, but he has no more say than the others. I think it is clear that he simply does not want to not (double negative) be an NBA owner. Which he never will be after he relinquishes the Hawks. Wouldn't the Spirit have to consider this too?

Based on an article in this week's Atlanta Business Chronicle, the trial may be concluded this summer. I doubt Belkin stays a partner here, but he may be allowed to be a partner again elsewhere. I don't think he'll ever be a governor again, though.

Do we have any non-music industry stars in Atlanta? Chris Tucker's star has fallen quite a long way, and IMO people like Lil' Jon make us all look dumb compared to cities with Jack Nicholson, Tiger Woods, Jessica Alba, and Eva Longoria in the stands :inlove1:

Based on an article in this week's Atlanta Business Chronicle, the trial may be concluded this summer. I doubt Belkin stays a partner here, but he may be allowed to be a partner again elsewhere. I don't think he'll ever be a governor again, though.

Do we have any non-music industry stars in Atlanta? Chris Tucker's star has fallen quite a long way, and IMO people like Lil' Jon make us all look dumb compared to cities with Jack Nicholson, Tiger Woods, Jessica Alba, and Eva Longoria in the stands :inlove1:

You think we could have some discussions with him about the ATL?

You even been to a Hawks game LIVE? There are so many fine women of ALL RACES in the crowd, that it's ridiculous. I had a club level ticket one night, and it was AMAZING how many beautiful women were up in the club level, eating, drinking, just looking GOOD.

Star-wise, ATL is a music city. So if the typical Ciara citings don't float your boat, then I don't know what to do about that.