Free Agent Focus

Chaze

Mike Bibby is the linchpin. If the Hawks can re-sign him, their backcourt rotation goes from a relative weakness to an absolute strength, especially if they can keep Flip Murray in the fold as well. Zaza Pachulia has to be re-signed as well or the Hawks’ will have a gaping hole in the frontcourt rotation. Marvin Williams is a restricted free agent and could play out his year on a $7.5 million qualifying offer which might be more than he would command anywhere else in a long-term deal. The wildcards are Josh Childress and David Andersen. Both spent last season in Europe but have the option of coming to the Hawks this summer. The addition of one or both would be huge, giving the Hawks quality depth at two crucial positions. But the chances of that happening seem remote at best.

Mike Bibby is the linchpin. If the Hawks can re-sign him, their backcourt rotation goes from a relative weakness to an absolute strength, especially if they can keep Flip Murray in the fold as well. Zaza Pachulia has to be re-signed as well or the Hawks’ will have a gaping hole in the frontcourt rotation. Marvin Williams is a restricted free agent and could play out his year on a $7.5 million qualifying offer which might be more than he would command anywhere else in a long-term deal. The wildcards are Josh Childress and David Andersen. Both spent last season in Europe but have the option of coming to the Hawks this summer. The addition of one or both would be huge, giving the Hawks quality depth at two crucial positions. But the chances of that happening seem remote at best.

I'd like to see Andersen play here. I have a feeling that if he isn't brought over this off-season, we'll never see him in a Hawks uniform. I agree that we can't afford to lose Zaza right now. :smile: