• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How does this happen?!

GameTime

Now I somewhat see Diesel's point.

One highlight, on one posession, during one game throughout an entire season is not going to change my perception of Marvin's defense. I watched the Hawks enough to know that Marvin is one of the better defenders on our team.

One highlight, on one posession, during one game throughout an entire season is not going to change my perception of Marvin's defense. I watched the Hawks enough to know that Marvin is one of the better defenders on our team.

No one is saying he is not a good defender. It is just against athletic and/or tough players he struggles with.

Now I somewhat see Diesel's point.

I actually remember watching that play on TV...

But I agree, Marvin can be a very passive defender. There was a recent play against Lebron (in the playoffs) at the end of a quarter where Marvin just let him go by and lay the ball in. Don't tell me Lebron is just so great...Marvin could have bumped him, hand checked him or even grabbed him (i.e. how the Lakers played Dwight Howard).

Guest Walter

MW may be a "steady" defender but I don't see a good defender many want to portray him as. It was one (albeit awful) play, but seriously, I wouldn't want the game on the line with MW defending anyone. Give me JS (why because he guards his man equally as well while also scaring the s*** out of the other teams 4 players), Horford (even against centers), JJ.

MW isn't asked to do too much on offense. He has alot of energy left for defense. I'm still just not that impressed.

W

I actually remember watching that play on TV...

But I agree, Marvin can be a very passive defender. There was a recent play against Lebron (in the playoffs) at the end of a quarter where Marvin just let him go by and lay the ball in. Don't tell me Lebron is just so great...Marvin could have bumped him, hand checked him or even grabbed him (i.e. how the Lakers played Dwight Howard).

Naaw. You're right. That argument wouldn't hold any water!

:lol6: