• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boog Sciambi Vs Chip Carey

KDT88

Boog or Chip  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sorry, but whenever the Braves play on Peachtree TV I cringe. I can't enjoy Chip at all and I get the vibe that Joe doesn't like calling games with him either. I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe that horrible, Ace Ventura type laugh that goes on for hours after a joke, or when he tries to bring up a point that makes hardly any sense, and if it does, its a mute point that lacks any interest at all. Or maybe its his constant drooling of the 'elite' teams. I remember when the Braves were playing the Red Sox and the Sox did something great late in the game, and Chip said "You gotta love that". Are you serious? Imagine his father saying something like that?

Boog on the other hand, he's insightful, funny at times, his laugh doesn't make me want to punch kittens, and more importantly, he realizes that Braves fans are the majority of his viewers.

Which talking head do you guys prefer to be at Joe Simpson's right?

The loyal Brave in me wants to say Skip. I loved his dad and gradfather.

At first Booge really got on my nerves. I love hearing the guy now. He is much more knowledgable then Skip is. Booge is like a walking baseball encyclopedia. He knows the most obscure stats. You can tell he really loves what he does.

Skip is not bad. He is better on radio then TV in my opinion.

At first Booge really got on my nerves. I love hearing the guy now. He is much more knowledgable then Skip is. Booge is like a walking baseball encyclopedia. He knows the most obscure stats. You can tell he really loves what he does.

Good summary of what I feel too.

I don't like the new Braves radio guy that teams up with Sutton a lot. Forgot the guys name.

Nonetheless. Boog is really a good play by play guy and I am glad I get to hear him for about 2/3s of the games.

A best case scenario is that the Braves go back to the rotation of announcers they used up unitl MLB screwed up all the cable contracts and essentially forced TBS out of broadcasting the games. For those who didn't watch, in the 80s and 90s the Braves had four announcers. They would pair up in different teams and then switch between radio and TV half way through the game. That kept the crews fresh and the telecast really lively.

Lastly, I miss being able to see the Braves play on just one station. Its really horrid marketing to make us search for the game every night. 3 different channels is just dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Skip is dead. If you still hear him calling the games then you are fortunate, but may want to get that checked out.

Good summary of what I feel too.

I don't like the new Braves radio guy that teams up with Sutton a lot. Forgot the guys name.

Nonetheless. Boog is really a good play by play guy and I am glad I get to hear him for about 2/3s of the games.

A best case scenario is that the Braves go back to the rotation of announcers they used up unitl MLB screwed up all the cable contracts and essentially forced TBS out of broadcasting the games. For those who didn't watch, in the 80s and 90s the Braves had four announcers. They would pair up in different teams and then switch between radio and TV half way through the game. That kept the crews fresh and the telecast really lively.

Lastly, I miss being able to see the Braves play on just one station. Its really horrid marketing to make us search for the game every night. 3 different channels is just dumb.

I like those days to:

Earnie Johnson Jr., Skip Carey, Don Sutton.........and Pet VanWieren are the 4some your refering too I believe. They were great together !

If memory serves me right Joe Smphson came on when Earnie Johnson, Jr. retired.

I never liked how they forced Pete to radio and basically showed Don Sutton the door. Glad to have Don back in the radio booth but miss him on the TV telecast. He may have just been too honest, too good, and not politically correct enough for mainstram media............but I like Don a lot.