• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Neftali Feliz Makes Debut

KB21

Former Braves prospect Neftali Feliz made his debut with the Texas Rangers. He was clocked hitting 100 mph 6 times, and his last pitch was 101 mph. He struck out 8 an walked 0, giving up just 1 run in 4 2/3 innings.

The Braves forevermore got raped in that Mark Teixiera deal. Neftali was one of the many prospects they gave up in that deal. The other main ones were Jarrod Saltallamacchia, Elvis Andrus, and Matt Harrison. Salty Dog is their startig catcher, and Matt Harrison was their #3 starter before he got hurt. Elvis is their starting short stop. Beau Jones was the throw in.

Two trades that JS made really sunk the Braves, IMO. First, the Adam Wainwright for JD Drew deal was terrible for Atlanta, and then the Mark Teixiera deal. One thing I like about Frank Wren is that while he tries to win now, he will not sacrafice the future to do so. JS late in his career was very much about sacraficing the future.

Edited by KB21
  • Like 1

I agree! What hurts the most is the fact that we traded 4 guys who were almost ready for the bigs... I would give that trade a better grade only if Tex was signed long-term! That was JS's biggest mistake. He should have tried to ink Tex long-term as soon as he arrived to ATL!

• Like 1