• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good thing for the Hawks (Theo)

They have posted the first morning's workout pictures and it looks like Theo is out there working hard with the young guys. I know he said he wanted to play in the summer league, and supposedly will still play a few games, but it is great to see that he is out working hard in practice at least.

Last year during the hip problems he never was able to work hard in practice/games for an entire week at a time. Since he is going to have a baby any day, he may not get the chance this week either.

If he can practice the rest of the week (with the summer league, then the monthly weekend team) and come back and play 2-3 games in the summer league tournament, I will be much more happy and satisfied with his recovery status.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been trying to temper my excitement for next year based on the recovery of Theo. Having 3 very good players on a team makes you tremendously competitive, where having 2 very good players makes you just moderately competitive.

Not many teams have 3 guys as good as our top 3 (with a healthy Theo). If he is back, we could have 3 all stars this year. Especially if LAC end up with Baron davis or Andre Miller.

I could see JT there with either Miller or Davis as a backup for Kidd. I could see SAR back for sure. I could see Theo there as the Center (who else is there other than those Zo sympathy votes). Seeing 3 hawks there would be quite a change.

Guest Walter

Our immediate and perhaps moderate term future is dependent mostly upon the health and play of Theo. However, this is a better plight than most teams who simply lack the talent. It isn't a perfect world with Theo on your team but it is a d@mn near one with him healthy (and better than any reasonable one without him). The prospects of him being healthy look better and better.

It's doubtful the Hawks' fans could vote 3 of their own players onto the All-star game and only slightly less doubtful that the league's fans would vote on any Hawk the Hawks' fans could not vote on themselves.

W

As the Hawk's health goes, so goes the season.

If we can remain relatively injury free, we can make

a big noise in the east. Otherwise, another long

season awaits.

We had a lot more than our share of injury the past

two seasons. We are due a good, injury free run.

Gray Mule

I agree with Walter, this is a very good post.