• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Todays' Dimemag Smack (8-26-03), hawk rumor

Boondocks

It ihgt be a joke as in fake rumor but thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

In reply to:

The final hot tip has Shareef Abdur-Rahim bolting from the Dirty South to the Grungy Northwest as Seattle is eyeing the power forward. The Sonics would give up Rashard Lewis, Vladimir Radmanovic and a few draft picks in order to make it happen.

What I find interesting though is that the Sonics have been trying to move Radmanovic, because he's more a SF like Rashard Lewis anyway. Doesn't make sense to move them both in 1 deal. However, if we were to trade SAR to Seattle I would love to see Rashard Lewis coming here. He's signed to a good contract and for several more years.

• Premium Member

I agree with you that this deal doesn't make sense because Seattle loses both Sf players.... BUT...

What if the deal was only:

Potapenko, Barry, Radmo, and a 1st

for

Reef?

From Seattle's perspective, they could put:

Daniels/Allen/Lewis/Reef/James on the floor.

From our perspective we could put:

JT/Barry/Radmo/Hendu/Theo on the floor.

The problem is that Lewis is BYC. The other problem is that neither deal helps us with the cap. I mean, the only person coming off is Barry.

I like him much more than I like Eddie Griffin.

I could handle it if we worked out a deal with Seattle that included Radmanovic and an unprotected 1st for Shareef.

Radmanovic is a 6-10, 230 lbs small forward that averaged 10 ppg coming off the bench last year. He's a career 37% three point shooter who can handle the ball on the perimeter. He's got the game that will blossom if he were to start for a team.

Nazr/CC for Vlad/Potapenko. When healthy, Nazr is an upgrade over Booth/Potapenko/James at the 5 spot and CC gives them wing depth. I agree with your views on Vlad. He could really blossom with JT and SAR as the third O option and he increases our overall ballhandling. Potapenko has one year left on his K so that should clear up cap space for us and give us some muscle to back up Theo this year. Thoughts?