• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Somebody Better Have Delonte's Donuts

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
Cavaliers guard Delonte West is facing weapons charges after being pulled over on his motorcycle while carrying a small arsenal near his Maryland home late Thursday night.

Prince George's County police said West was carrying two concealed handguns and a shotgun when he was pulled over on Interstate 495 near his offseason home in Brandywine, Md. around 10 p.m. Corporal Clinton Copeland said West was speeding and cut off a police cruiser while riding on his three-wheeled 2009 Can-Am Spyder motorcycle.

After being stopped West informed police he was carrying a gun in his waistband, which was a 9mm Beretta. Police also found a Ruger .357 strapped to his leg and a shotgun inside a guitar case that was slung over his back. West was traveling alone.

Copeland said police are still investigating where West was going and why he was carrying the weapons.

link

~lw3

WTF? Is he the terminator? Shotty in a guitar case.....wow. Delonte has always been off center....maybe he just thought he was mad max :laugh:

This in my opinion makes Cleveland vunerable if he see's any legal trouble. The NBA isn't the NFL so they are not going to suspend him before a verdict but if he misses time the Cavs will miss his spark at the 2guard and especially as the only reliable backup point on that team.

• Admin

WTF? Is he the terminator? Shotty in a guitar case.....wow. Delonte has always been off center....maybe he just thought he was mad max :laugh:

This in my opinion makes Cleveland vunerable if he see's any legal trouble. The NBA isn't the NFL so they are not going to suspend him before a verdict but if he misses time the Cavs will miss his spark at the 2guard and especially as the only reliable backup point on that team.

There has to be a reason he has all that with him. He is going somewhere to do some damage.

THe Cavs signed Anthony Parker in the offseason who was slated to start at SG anyway.

There has to be a reason he has all that with him. He is going somewhere to do some damage.

THe Cavs signed Anthony Parker in the offseason who was slated to start at SG anyway.

Parker does offer more size at the 2 but is unspectacular at best, Delonte was a spark plug for them last season. Like I said this hurts their PG depth more because Boobie is not reliable back there.

Yea I definetly agree, this smells similar to the TI situation where he was loaded up for war. Why Delonte was on a 3 wheeler strapped with guns is a mystery but I hope MD gun laws aren't anything like NYC gun laws otherwise he'll be sharing a cell with Plaxico soon enough.

I think it's an image thing. I don't think he was heading somewhere to go "Rambo" on some people. It sure seems that way with the multiple guns...but I would guess he's just trying to portray a stereotypical "badass". It's really stupid at any rate.