• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dogs last second win

DrReality

• Moderators

I watched this one on ESPNU. Here are my $.02:

* Samuels is consistently ineffective. He is not getting it done at all. King was more effective, but isn't showing any signs of being a difference maker yet. His fumble was awful but he should be starting based on what we saw last game.

* The pass game looked solid, despite the INTs.

* The play calling was predictable and largely conservative. Arizona State put their corners on an island a lot and we abused them when we challenged them deep (probably averaged 20 yards per attempt plus drew several penalties on those plays).

* The defense was good for us this game. Not a lot of sacks or TOs, but we did shut down their running game and pressured the QB a good amount. Obviously, generating some TOs would be nice but this was the best performance in a while for the defense.

* The TOs are destroying any chance this team has of rising over mediocrity and they are happening game in and game out. We are going to blow some games on TOs this season and it won't be pretty to watch.

If we keep turning the ball over like this I am predicting a 7-4 season: best-case 8-3 and a worst case 6-5 record. We are just thoroughly mediocre until we stop turning the ball over like this.

• Moderators

You'd think that Cox would be more comfortable in the offense and they'd open it up. I'd like to see more of King.

Cox looked comfortable to me for 90% of the snaps. I am not too worried about him but the INTs do need to stop.