• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seriously, Any thoughts on these guys?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Voshon Lenard, Jimmy Jackson, Steve Smith?

My Personal opinion...

Jimmy Jackson is the best player of the three right now. However, Lenard might be calling our name. I really don't want S. Jackson.

About Smitty. At one time, I felt like getting him back because he wanted to be here. However, his numbers last season shows that he is on a steep decline. We really don't have the team to elevate his game. But I would love to have his leadership.

I like Jim Jackson. I like the fact that he can shoot and handle the ball. BUT..... His attitude... I think it's a reason that he's still out there after such a good season in Sac-Town. And it has little to do with Money. Utah could have taken him, Indy could have taken him. Denver could have him too. I think the problem is that he's eccentric.

Lenard is a good cross. He plays good defense. He can shoot. I don't trust him handling the ball. I think he would love a shot at Sf.

What do you guys think?

Steve Smith. I don't care how much his skills have declined, the Hawks need a veteran leader that knows how to win.

Neither Lenard nor Jackson will bring the leadership Smith would bring.

Even if Smith plays a 9th or 10th man role, the Hawks need his leadership.

I might take Smith, but not starting. Why would you want Jim Jackson? Best case scenario - we squeek into the playoffs with a first round elimination and are stuck with JJ for the next three years, at least...why would he want to come to atl unless it was for a longer term deal? he's aging, and not athletic...and he's already been here, leaving on bad terms...

Assuming the cost for each is relatively the same.

Lenard is the youngest of the bunch (by a good bit) and I think the best fit at this time. Both Lenard and Smitty are basically jumpshooters now and both are below average defenders at this point but Lenard doesn't have the health/age issues that Smitty has. JJ just didn't work here before for a number of reasons and I see no reason to think it would be different now.