• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Schultz says Either way, we’ll gain salary space and have the flexibility to move some pieces around. That’s a good thing.

JTB

You quote an article from the internet and in the same breath say we should not believe the information on salary cap that we get from the internet. Come on man...the NBA cap rules are listed on the NBA site and they are in place so teams like the Lakers or Celtics can't just go out and sign Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or JJ anytime they become available; without first getting rid of some players (contracts) in order to make room under the cap.

It is in place to maintain parity and it works petty well as long as your GM is smart enough to use it to his advantage and the teams owner is willing to spend huge amounts of money to get star quality players. The way you look at the cap would indicate the Lakers, Celtics, or Knicks, who have owners and a market filled with millions possibly a billion, could just sign an all world team and win every championship that comes their way.

The NBA and the NBA cap rules are in place to prevent that. We cannot sign anyone next year to a big contract without trading contracts like Smoove and Marvin for expiring contracts while also losing JJ. That is the only way we can make room to go after a big ticket like Wade. And even Smoove and Marvins combined contracts may not be enough to get it done.

It is fantasy to think we can sign Wade under our current cap situation...just as it is for a Laker or Celtic fan to think it.

LOL. I can only agree with you man! I just think its crazy how no hawk fan on this board have any faith (but me) in landing a elite player! but i see your point and it was a good one made. however i still believe we can go out and land a player like wade or bosh next off season! but hey thats just me. im not trying to brainwash anybody!LOL

LOL. I can only agree with you man! I just think its crazy how no hawk fan on this board have any faith (but me) in landing a elite player! but i see your point and it was a good one made. however i still believe we can go out and land a player like wade or bosh next off season! but hey thats just me. im not trying to brainwash anybody!LOL

I think it's "crazy how no hawk fan on this board" will educate themselves on the NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement before suggesting the team sign X player and god forbid criticizing them for not doing so when it is legally impossible for them to do so.

The internet.......... where personal accountability doesn't exist.