• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody go to Open Practice Saturday?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I had to bail about a half hour early Saturday. Of the few thoughts I could recollect.

* The key players appeared to be in better shape at this point than in season's past.

* Blink seemed a bit anxious and short-armed at least one layup. The minute he figures out what the heck he's doing out there, watch out.

* Didn't need my rosary beads at all. Josh made his free throws during warmups and during the run.

* They'll have to work on any offensive sets where Zaza gets the ball. Nobody comes to the ball, and passing to him was like tossing the ball into the Black Hole.

* RandMo actually beasted at times, on both ends of the floor during halfcourt setups. I think he knows he needs to step up.

* Juan Dixon was serving up souvenirs for the fans, in the form of 3-point shot attempts.

* Frank Robinson will be a fine addition to somebody's D-League squad.

* Would've liked to have seen more of Jamal and Garret.

* Was very happy they didn't go the "Free Hot Dog" route to get people to show up this year.

~lw3

I had to bail about a half hour early Saturday. Of the few thoughts I could recollect.

* The key players appeared to be in better shape at this point than in season's past.

* Blink seemed a bit anxious and short-armed at least one layup. The minute he figures out what the heck he's doing out there, watch out.

* Didn't need my rosary beads at all. Josh made his free throws during warmups and during the run.

* They'll have to work on any offensive sets where Zaza gets the ball. Nobody comes to the ball, and passing to him was like tossing the ball into the Black Hole.

* RandMo actually beasted at times, on both ends of the floor during halfcourt setups. I think he knows he needs to step up.

* Juan Dixon was serving up souvenirs for the fans, in the form of 3-point shot attempts.

* Frank Robinson will be a fine addition to somebody's D-League squad.

* Would've liked to have seen more of Jamal and Garret.

* Was very happy they didn't go the "Free Hot Dog" route to get people to show up this year.

~lw3

Actually there is already a thread related to this topic under "Was the autograph session just for season ticket holders." BTW what was wrong with the free hotdogs marketing?

• Moderators

Actually there is already a thread related to this topic under "Was the autograph session just for season ticket holders." BTW what was wrong with the free hotdogs marketing?

Ah, thanks!

I'm a bit of a Scrooge on this, but the free (fill in any warm food item) was more trouble than it was worth last year. Seriously doubt they attracted any more ticket buys from that promo... just a LOT more hungry people. The food lines were so absurdly long last year that if you didn't get in line early you risked missing the whole event. And there was the "get in line, get a dog, get back in line" action, that was a pleasant scene.

Spotted a couple crews with like "4-5 kids and one parent" leaving Saturday as the team started warming up, and I was like, "where are they going?" before I figured out the deal. The ones I saw were in line for 15 minutes waiting to get in, then couldn't stay for 5 more. This time around we had Hawks fans and not Hot Dog fans in the arena, which was a nice crowd.

~lw3