• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson to Teague

DrReality

Rookie guard Jeff Teague said coach Mike Woodson encouraged him to play more aggressively.

Enlarge photo Jason Getz, jgetz@ajc.com Hawks rookie guard Jeff Teague is averaging 3.4 points, 1.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.

."The last couple games, I've been a little tense," Teague said before Monday's Portland game. "He pulled me to the side [sunday] and said, ‘The reason they got you was your aggressiveness and the way you play.' He said, ‘Don't change. Keep playing the way you play.' "

Story continues below ↓

Said Woodson, "Jeff's going to be fine. I've got to find some minutes for him. He's a big part of what we're doing."

In the last two games going into Monday night, Teague had made two of eight shots with one assist against three turnovers.

Back in Atlanta

Monday was the first time that Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden played in Philips Arena. It was not, however, his first game in Atlanta. Oden faced off against Hawks center Al Horford in the 2007 NCAA championship game between Ohio State and Florida at the Georgia Dome. Oden scored 25 points with 12 rebounds to Horford's 18 and 12, but the Gators won 84-75.

"He had a great game, I had a great game, I came out on top," Horford said. "It was a great memory for me. Atlanta's always been good to me."

Speeding up

Since the Hawks beat Portland 97-91 on the road Dec. 3, the Blazers had won their next six going into Monday's game. Coach Nate McMillan switched to a three-guard starting lineup after the loss, adding guard Andre Miller and sitting forward Martell Webster.

"It just makes their lineup faster," Woodson said. "They’ve got two big guys and they've got three perimeter guys that can all make plays. Two of the three are long-range shooters in [brandon] Roy and [steve] Blake. I just think they elected to go with speed."