• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

waste-of-time.net

BlackHawkDown

The Hawks are a pointless team that will never win or even be interesting yet alone exciting. We post here give our thoughts on how to improve the team but facts are we are just wasting our collective time. I suggest to all hawksquawkers to find a new hobby the time on this site is wasted. The team sucks and always will. We are just wasting valuable time, and time is money

-BHD signing off

Lets see how long he keeps to staying away.....

I think your misguided in that there are things in life that are fun to believe in and discuss. Do they have to win or even be sucessful? I don't really think so; in fact their imperfections are what brings up the most discourse. It has been said on this site that people can tell if we won or loss depending on the number of posts (negatives sell). The bottom line is that the Hawks are a subject, a team in need of attention, not a boycott. For some of us, I include myself, they are something to believe in (believe me I don't have a shrine to the Hawks but I do color myself a big fan). I love the Nike adds that treat sport as almost a spiritual pursuit, they give such mantras as "there is always next year." That really is the sports mantra. Being a fan, imo is about beliving and caring. When it finally pays back, you will know then why you did it. I draw as a finall simile, watching the Hawks for me is like being a parent. They are a child who runs astray, but in the end, you love them and you root them on. As they finally give the valedictorian speech (championship) or even just graduate (make the playoffs), you feel a sense of pride for the journey. I would not trade my ticket for that journey; I believe in the Hawks. Even if they don't win this year "there is always next year. (Oh, what will come next from you is how I am pathetic because I care about loser, to you I say leave or stay, your negativity provides a tone to the conversation, nothing more, just let me provide mine)