• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Worst three words in team sports: Players only meeting

HawkItus

We have one of these meetings around this time every year and if memory serves it always gets us back to playing good basketball, for a short time at least. But this is hardly a permanent fix and it's ridiculous that these guys know that if they play the game the right way that they're as good as anyone and yet they refuse to continually do those things and it's not until we have one of these meetings that things get turned around.

I'd like to blame Woodson and his coaching staff for the problems that we're having but I can't because I'm confident that based on all we know about Woody and his stubborness that he's out there preaching the same thing day in and day out about defense, rebounding, etc. and for whatever reason it just goes in one ear and out the other with many of our players. This quote from Jamal says a lot about the situation as well.

"I think it was good. When you police yourself, coach doesn't have to always do it," Crawford said.

The level of immaturity on this team really bugs me sometimes and I know that many of our players are still young and are probably going out to clubs and what not all the time but they need to realize the opportunity that they have to be so young and so talented as a group and that they've got a short window with no guarantees so there's no room for them to not give 100% effort game in and game out.

I like the player-only meetings because it usually gets good results.

These guys got complacent after blowing out 5 teams in a row and started playing with less intensity and fire. Hopefully the 4 game losing streak and this meeting snapped them out of it and they go back to playing with fire now