• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wizards-Hawks thread

Hawksquawk

Teague and Mario were in the game at the same time in the first half. When Teague left the game in the 2nd quarter for Bibby the Hawks were up 22.

Bibby played the last 8 minutes of the game even though he was garbage all game.

Well I'm sure you are right about Teague and Mario being in at the same time. I watched the whole game but didn't pay that close of attention to who was in when..minute-by-minute. Maybe Mario got a few of Mo/Zaza's minutes too.

Teague and Mario were in the game at the same time in the first half. When Teague left the game in the 2nd quarter for Bibby the Hawks were up 22.

Bibby played the last 8 minutes of the game even though he was garbage all game.

In the second half Bibby was in the game down the stretch to help spread the floor for Joe and Craw who were both making there shots . The wizards were not gonna leave him open for three .

The Wizards played Foye,Stevenson,Butler,Jamison,Blatche so you are not gonna play Teague against that lineup.

Teague is not at point where he gets minutes no matter what so the match ups both offensively and defensively dictate his minutes .

Bibby did not play well but his shot will still be respected in the 4th .

I have a major problem with Teague's lack of minutes lately. Bibby shot 37% in December and is 1-7 in this game. The Hawks went on a huge run in the first half when Teague was in. They were +18 with Teague in the game.

So why can't Teague get in the game in the 2nd half? it doesn't make sense. Bibby has been nothing but a liability all game.

Yeah, it's really frustrating, this idiotic Larry Brown philosophy of not giving a young point guard any respect. It's particularly grating because A. Woody is not Larry Brown and B. Teague is so much better defensively and even at breaking down the defense and setting up teammates than Bibby. Given that Woody is supposed to be a defensive minded coach, shouldn't that matter? Yes, I know Teague has his struggles offensively sometimes, but how exactly is a young player suppose to improve offensively if he doesn't get minutes? Basically, why did we draft Teague? To watch him get the same Woody treatment that pretty much ruined Acie Law?

To watch him get the same Woody treatment that pretty much ruined Acie Law?

OK- now you are just being ridiculous. Acie Law wasn't ruined- he was just a terrible pick who never should have been taken in the first place. His next team didn't even pick up his 4th year team option and he can't even get off the bench for this third team. Its to woodson's credit that he recognized early on that Acie couldn't help a playoff team- it would have been far worse for him to just throw minutes at such a bad player. Fans like you thought that Woodson was misusing Acie but then once Acie went to another team it was shown Woodson was right. Fans like you thought that Salim was being wasted by Woodson but Salim is now out of the league so Woodson was right. .Shelden the same way- he was a castoff of 2 teams since then and had to sign for the league minimum this season. Woodson has shown a strong ability to identify whether a young player can help a team- I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on Teague and let him pick and choose spots where he thinks Teague can be successful.