• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wizards-Hawks thread

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Greetings, all-

Thanks for all the love. It really means a lot to have passed muster with you guys. Just a couple notes, and we’ll get to the game.

1) Mario West is going to dress tonight. Zaza Pachulia is at home with flu symptoms, so Mike Woodson won’t have to sit anyone to see what “Greasy,” as he’s known, can do. As you can imagine, West was pretty fired up about getting an opportunity.

2) Mo Evans may not play. His wife is delivering their first child. Woodson didn’t know where things stood when we talked to him, around 5:40.

3) I asked Woodson about playing zone against the Celtics, particularly how much they’ve played it in the past and this year.

“We played (some) zone last year. Probably the year before we played zone a lot. It’s kind of shrunk over the last couple years but two years ago, we played zone a lot. That won us a lot of games. Last year, we played it some. Mainly, we tried to play it in back-to-back games where you kind of, instead of chasing guys a lot, …

View the full article

The Wizards announcers mentioned before the game that the Hawks were 4th in the league in 3 pt percentage. I was like huh? I checked the stats and sure enough the Hawks are shooting 36.8% which is 4th. JJ and Crawford have really picked it up from 3 after slow starts.

I have a major problem with Teague's lack of minutes lately. Bibby shot 37% in December and is 1-7 in this game. The Hawks went on a huge run in the first half when Teague was in. They were +18 with Teague in the game.

So why can't Teague get in the game in the 2nd half? it doesn't make sense. Bibby has been nothing but a liability all game.

I have a major problem with Teague's lack of minutes lately. Bibby shot 37% in December and is 1-7 in this game. The Hawks went on a huge run in the first half when Teague was in. They were +18 with Teague in the game.

So why can't Teague get in the game in the 2nd half? it doesn't make sense. Bibby has been nothing but a liability all game.

Yes I saw that as well. Teague was fine getting the ball up the court and he was not a liability with his shot selection either.

Edited by Buzzard

We should give Marvin some credit. He's playing much better in general.

We should give Marvin some credit. He's playing much better in general.

Yes he is and played good D tonight. I am kind of scared to give him credit. One, it might jinx him; and two, it might bring on the wrath of the trade Marvin minions. But yes he is starting to look like the solid Marvin once again. Knock on wood for both reasons.

I think some Teague minutes went to Mario tonight...kind of a welcome back deal. Woody likes Mario for his effort (especially in practice).

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

MW & MW both had a nice game tonight.

Good to see "Mr. Excitement" back in a Hawks uniform and back on the floor.

Good to see Marvin be the focus of the game tonight and show us he can.

JJ has woke up. - - Crawford = 4th quarter scoring.

Where was JT in the 2nd half? I agree. He played well in the first half - Then ???

Energy was not there to begin the game. 2nd unit brought energy with MW & JT!

A win is a win is a win and we'll take it - - It wasn't really pretty, but it''s ours. We'll claim it.

:line dance:

I think some Teague minutes went to Mario tonight...kind of a welcome back deal. Woody likes Mario for his effort (especially in practice).

Teague and Mario were in the game at the same time in the first half. When Teague left the game in the 2nd quarter for Bibby the Hawks were up 22.

Bibby played the last 8 minutes of the game even though he was garbage all game.

• Premium Member

It is nice to win and to see Marvin justify his existence (which he does one game, disappears for games on end then shows up again) again but what in the world kind of coaching is this? We sat Teague after he provided that kind of energy and production? C'mon man!

It is nice to win and to see Marvin justify his existence (which he does one game, disappears for games on end then shows up again) again but what in the world kind of coaching is this? We sat Teague after he provided that kind of energy and production? C'mon man!

Woodson will never learn. I know Bibby can be our glue, and can help steady the offensive sets, but outside of that, he has been straight garbage. Bottom line is: Teague should have played a lot more in THIS game, and Teague needs to see more than token minutes next game.