• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN: "The Hawks are 1-6 against the East's top two"

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
The Hawks are 1-6 against the East's top two entering a season-ender against the LeBron-less Cavs. We'll soon see if those numbers are more pertinent than notching 50 wins for the first time since 1997-98.

I'll go on record and say that the Hawks WILL take Orlando or Cleavland to 7 games.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

50 wins is great, but ESPN has it pegged right. Until we make consistent good showings against the top (and better) teams in ORL and CLE, it is hard to have a lot of faith in them in a series against them. It's true, winning 50 is cool, but if all that means is a first round exit or terrible showing against CLE or ORL in the second round, it won't mean much.

• Premium Member

Regardless of who we face, half-@ssed basketball is not going to cut it. If we move the ball, make an effort to score inside, and rebound we will be tough. Shooting jumpers all night and a lack of focus on defense will kill us.

Teams are going to buckle down on JJ and there is no question that they are going to force the rest of our team to beat them. What makes us dangerous is in that scenario, the rest of this team CAN beat them. Guys have to be ready and Woodson is going to have to be on it with the adjustments.

Man...I'm ready for the playoffs! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif We could actually DO something this year!

• Moderators

Aren't we really 1-5 against Cavs/Magic and 0-1 against the Cav's shot clock operator?

I agree. Injuries are the key for us. I think we match up well if we're healthy. If we do face the Cavs in the playoffs though i think it will be one physical series and i expect Zaza to get ejected at least once.

It will be interesting to see if there is any stopping the Lebron/Kobe showdown. Kobe isn't getting younger and the nba is itching for this matchup you know.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The "clothed" emperors, Boston, has amassed just two wins versus the Top Two, not much better by that narrow measure (especially if the Hawks get it together on Wednesday). However it comes to them, it will be fun to watch the Celts' extinction this spring. Say, can somebody replace their logo with the Raptors'? If we fall to fourth, will ESPN at least show we're 5-7 against the "Big Three"?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3