• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it possible at all to get Bosh?

JTB

Now the only reason I am asking this is because I had a conversation with an old friend. We discussed many things i will to ask you guys about but first he was telling me that he heard or read somewhere that the hawks can get Chris bosh! he couldn't prove it so now i think he was pulling my leg cause we constantly argued and i was telling him that it was impossible for us to get any all-star unless we S&T johnson or get him back. but he swears that he heard this info where we can get bosh.

So i have 6 questions about things i disscussed with my ol' friend, though i feel i know most i need to get a better understanding, help me out ATL:

1.Has anybody else heard or read that we could get Bosh without a S&T for JJ?

2.My next question is that if #1 is true, though i am about 90% it's not why is it that we can get bosh and not D.wade then? I mean i know wade is better but if we go after bosh and spend big money why not just go after wade it's worth it!

3.also to those who are NBA smart and know the hawks cap issues ( i am but i sometimes over look things i have to admit) is there ANY possible way of getting D.Wade or any all-star at that, without doing a JJ S&T? (to my knowledge there isn't but maybe somebody on this board knows something i dont know! and if you do please share with us all)

4.If JJ is resigned for a huge contract say a 90 mil contract wont the hawks be going over the luxary tax to keep JJ?

5.last question can the ASG go over the luxary tax purposely to get an all star player in this 2010 free agency?

6.What is the only way the hawks can go over the luxary tax?...signing JJ?

Edited by JTB

I may not be of much help here... But I rolled around some ideas in my head about getting Bosh. The only reasonable thing I came up with was attempting to strike a 3-way SNT which would bring Bosh here, send Joe to team X, and send toronto players from team X...

That's one of my ideal offseason plans. Say we brought in Sam Mitchell as coach - Bosh flourished under his leadership, and Toronto was a pretty good team considering what they had to work with.

Also to fill the void of Joe, maybe just move Crawford into the starting spot?

very vague, but...it's 3:30am, that's the best I can do right now haha.

Thoughts?

I may not be of much help here... But I rolled around some ideas in my head about getting Bosh. The only reasonable thing I came up with was attempting to strike a 3-way SNT which would bring Bosh here, send Joe to team X, and send toronto players from team X...

That's one of my ideal offseason plans. Say we brought in Sam Mitchell as coach - Bosh flourished under his leadership, and Toronto was a pretty good team considering what they had to work with.

Also to fill the void of Joe, maybe just move Crawford into the starting spot?

very vague, but...it's 3:30am, that's the best I can do right now haha.

Thoughts?

yeah a 3 way S&T.......didn't think of that but why not just do a 3 way S&T for wade then? and did you have any other answers to the other Q's.if not it's cool i understand it's 3:30! LMAO

Now the only reason I am asking this is because I had a conversation with an old friend. We discussed many things i will to ask you guys about but first he was telling me that he heard or read somewhere that the hawks can get Chris bosh! he couldn't prove it so now i think he was pulling my leg cause we constantly argued and i was telling him that it was impossible for us to get any all-star unless we S&T johnson or get him back. but he swears that he heard this info where we can get bosh.

So i have 6 questions about things i disscussed with my ol' friend, though i feel i know most i need to get a better understanding, help me out ATL:

1.Has anybody else heard or read that we could get Bosh without a S&T for JJ?

2.My next question is that if #1 is true, though i am about 90% it's not why is it that we can get bosh and not D.wade then? I mean i know wade is better but if we go after bosh and spend big money why not just go after wade it's worth it!

3.also to those who are NBA smart and know the hawks cap issues ( i am but i sometimes over look things i have to admit) is there ANY possible way of getting D.Wade or any all-star at that, without doing a JJ S&T? (to my knowledge there isn't but maybe somebody on this board knows something i dont know! and if you do please share with us all)

4.If JJ is resigned for a huge contract say a 90 mil contract wont the hawks be going over the luxary tax to keep JJ?

5.last question can the ASG go over the luxary tax purposely to get an all star player in this 2010 free agency?

6.What is the only way the hawks can go over the luxary tax?...signing JJ?

If Chris Bosh wants to come to Atlanta and Toronto likes Josh Smith, a sign-and-trade can definitely happen. Marvin Williams or Mike Bibby would have to be included in the deal.

We can only go over the cap to retain our own players -- therefore it would take a S-n-T deal to get any star in here (unlikely).

It's not your friend's fault he was misinformed -- he probably read the AJC -- which should be a reliable source for accurate Hawks coverage, but isn't.

The problem is it's going to be hard to get anyone to actually want to go to Toronto. JJ's not going to do it, he'd rather stay here. Wade?!?! Please. No way a SnT with Toronto will happen IMO. Of course I've been wrong before but I just don't see it. Nobody but Turk actually wants to go to Canada.