• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So are we running under Drew?

GameTime

Those who know Drew best say he'll inject the built-for-speed Hawks with some needed offensive creativity and get them playing faster than the stubborn Woodson ever did. They also say he'll reach Josh Smith and Marvin Williams like Woodson never could, and that knowing Atlanta's personnel so well gives him a head start no one else would enjoy.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-freeagency-100612/coaching-carousel

I've been using that Marc Stein/ESPN.com quote a good bit today, too. He makes a great point in the previous paragraph as well:

Although he's well-liked and well-respected in the Hawks' locker room, Drew is bound to be dismissed by the Atlanta public as a coach too closely connected to the Woodson era, even though Drew was a respected NBA assistant long before he landed on Woodson's bench.

Those who know Drew best say he'll inject the built-for-speed Hawks with some needed offensive creativity and get them playing faster than the stubborn Woodson ever did. They also say he'll reach Josh Smith and Marvin Williams like Woodson never could and that knowing Atlanta's personnel so well gives him a head start no one else could enjoy

I'm crossing my fingers that Drew utilizes the Hawks speed by running more, and is more creative in half-court sets. Sounds like he will.

Slightly off topic: A former 1st round pick, PG, played 10 seasons, respected assistant with the Lakers and Pistons. Gets my vote simply for the looks he used to give Woodson. Woody V2.0? Naaaaaa :no-no: