• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sometimes less is More

Dragitoff

Let's say there is little change on the Hawks. Obviously, bringing Drew on as HC means the ownership likes most of what they see with this team. I think we all agree we need a little something more to put us over the top, but let's say the changes are minimal. How good would our team be if we simply did the following:

Re-Signed Joe Johnson

Re-Signed Josh Childress (1 yr. QO)

Signed Kurt Thomas

Drafted BPA @ #24

Drafted BPA in 2nd round

Teague/Bibby

Johnson/Crawford

Childress/Williams/Evans

Smith/Thomas

Horford/Pachulia

On the surface, it may not seem like much, but adding Childress, Thomas, and even the draft picks could be big for this team. Both are hustle guys who are pretty good defenders. Childress game may have drastically improved (hard to tell vs. the competition in the youtube videos). Thomas may not have much left, but he proved to still have a little left for the Bucks when Bogut went down. He's a gritty vet who used to be sought out for his defensive prowess. Dwight's kryptonite is fouls. Who better to get under his skin? Same for Perkins, Garnett, and many of the other big men in the East.

This type of team has championship depth although it lacks that mega superstar status player, it has balance. If we want to re-sign Joe Smith for added vet presence and depth at PF, so be it. I don't see where we'll need him though. Mo Evans could be dealt if needed. There wouldn't be many minutes for him if we bring back Chillz. To me, a player like Chillz sounds tailor made for Drew's motion offense. He's arguably the best player without the ball we had when he was here.

Edited by Dragitoff
  • Like 1

Let's say there is little change on the Hawks. Obviously, bringing Drew on as HC.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen."

John Wooden

From a coaching stand point our predictabilility on both offense (iso and defense (switching) must change. We can still both of those things........just not near as much.

Oven timer just off...........sorry can't finish the post.

i like this alot and i agree about childress! I really think Marvin could be a threat off the bench as he could come in and play the 3 and 4. And yea Kurt Thomas or someone like Brendan Haywood to come play defense in the post instead of think Randolph Morris could actually do it smh and with the draft picks jus pick some defensive minded players and dirty work type players

i like this alot and i agree about childress! I really think Marvin could be a threat off the bench as he could come in and play the 3 and 4. And yea Kurt Thomas or someone like Brendan Haywood to come play defense in the post instead of think Randolph Morris could actually do it smh and with the draft picks jus pick some defensive minded players and dirty work type players

I'd love to get Haywood, but I don't see him signing for the MLE which is all we could offer. We could put together some sort of S&T for him I suppose, but I don't know what we have other than JJ that Dallas would want back.