• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Source: Shaq Prefers Spurs, Wants to Play Two More Seasons

GameTime

Shaq can keep walkin and have his farewell tour with some other team...I don't see his value here....he teamed up with the so-called best player in the NBA and didn't make it to the finals I don't see how that in tuen helps us....and something tells me he is gonna be a fat tub in the last year of the deal (maybe I'm biased because I'm not a Shaq fan)

So he's willing to accept the MLE from San Antonio, but wants more than that from us? I wonder why he feels he needs extra incentive in the form of $$$ to play in Atlanta?

That's fine and well within his rights to ask for that, but if I were the ASG I'd just say sayonara to Shaq in that case. I'd just tell him "Look dude, this is what we've got. Just like San Antonio, we've got the MLE to offer you, and that is all. If that's not enough for you, then good luck to you in San Antonio", and then let him make his choice from there. I think it would be ridiculous monkeying around with our roster and making trades just in order to try and fit Shaq in here, especially since he wants to be paid more just for playing here, which is a little insulting in my opinion. So hey, if he doesn't want to play here for the MLE, then don't play here at all. That's how I'd approach it anyway.

Agreed if indeed he does feel that way (and it's possible he doesn't) then I agree with you that's pretty insulting but what do you expect when our "star player" took a similar approach with us?

• Like 1

All the Hawks can offer is the MLE.

We can only go over the cap to resign on our own free agents. All we can off Shaq is the MLE.

Its such a simple concept. You would think Shaq, or the writer, would no this.

Oh. Well I guess we do have to hope that the Spurs can't afford him and sign that Splitter dude. Wow imagine if Shaq retired over playing for the Hawks, how bad would we look?