• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tired of media blast LBJ

Everyone and their brother have blasted LBJ for his special and with some justification. Even the commish came out and said it was done poorly. Well chosen words. . . . . but the frigging sports media created this

whole thing. The coverage was ridiculous and ESPN suggested the big show and he took it. This is no different from how the media takes any news worthy event and beats a dead horse over it.

Tired of all the hype.

• Moderators

Let Lebron reap what he sowed I say. The hype was over the top as he played Cleveland and the other teams for maximum media attention. He did everything he could over the last year to tantalize NY fans, etc. into a frenzy of his free agency.

Let him reap what he has sowed now that he committed a colossal PR blunder by slapping your hometown in the face on national television as Reggie Miller said before the fact:

Reggie Miller: "You do not call a press conference or get a one hour special if you're leaving your hometown. You're not going to slap where you grew up in the face by saying I'm leaving and going somewhere else. There's too many emotions that are in it for him."

I am with you in spirit on disliking the media deciding something is a STORY and giving us 24/7 coverage of it - especially when the event itself is ultimately trivial. But that is the media world we live in and I want Lebron to endure the full brunt of this so that no other egocentric athlete wants to pull a similar stunt in the future.

• Like 1

Let Lebron reap what he sowed I say. The hype was over the top as he played Cleveland and the other teams for maximum media attention. He did everything he could over the last year to tantalize NY fans, etc. into a frenzy of his free agency.

Let him reap what he has sowed now that he committed a colossal PR blunder by slapping your hometown in the face on national television as Reggie Miller said before the fact:

I am with you in spirit on disliking the media deciding something is a STORY and giving us 24/7 coverage of it - especially when the event itself is ultimately trivial. But that is the media world we live in and I want Lebron to endure the full brunt of this so that no other egocentric athlete wants to pull a similar stunt in the future.

LBJ just gave the media and many so called fans asked for. The cat is gone about his business, at the beach, securing his future. Stop hating.

• Moderators

LBJ just gave the media and many so called fans asked for. The cat is gone about his business, at the beach, securing his future. Stop hating.

LBJ gave himself an ego boost and gave the fans in Cleveland a totally unnecessary kick in the groin. There was no need to conduct his business the way he did and it showed complete indifference to the Cleveland fan base. I hope I never see another athlete treat their hometown fans like he did and I hope he gets buried in hate for years as an object lesson to others. It wasn't about the celebration in Miami after he signed. It was about all the ego stroking that he did to bring the maximum amount of attention to the moment when he rejected Cleveland.

That was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE public relations move. It is like focusing attention on a divorce when you are leaving your wife for a hot woman in Miami. Show some sensitivity to the fans and then go bang the drum in your new city.

I wasn't an LBJ hater until he did this. Now I am. This is the result of the way he handled his business this offseason and I hope no town has to go through a debacle like that again.

LBJ gave himself an ego boost and gave the fans in Cleveland a totally unnecessary kick in the groin. There was no need to conduct his business the way he did and it showed complete indifference to the Cleveland fan base. I hope I never see another athlete treat their hometown fans like he did and I hope he gets buried in hate for years as an object lesson to others. It wasn't about the celebration in Miami after he signed. It was about all the ego stroking that he did to bring the maximum amount of attention to the moment when he rejected Cleveland.

That was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE public relations move. It is like focusing attention on a divorce when you are leaving your wife for a hot woman in Miami. Show some sensitivity to the fans and then go bang the drum in your new city.

I wasn't an LBJ hater until he did this. Now I am. This is the result of the way he handled his business this offseason and I hope no town has to go through a debacle like that again.

More BS

yeah LBJ gave Cleveland the big FU, so what. Cleveland needs to get a life. Sport is Sports, not life and death. It is sad for a populace to be so given to hate (you too,your words) because of BASKETBALL. It is what happens with "Idol Worship". The Flesh cannot be fulfilled.

It's business and Basketball, should not be so personal.

• Moderators

More BS

yeah LBJ gave Cleveland the big FU, so what. Cleveland needs to get a life. Sport is Sports, not life and death. It is sad for a populace to be so given to hate (you too,your words) because of BASKETBALL. It is what happens with "Idol Worship". The Flesh cannot be fulfilled.

It's business and Basketball, should not be so personal.

Lebron gave Cleveland the big FU.

He gave his hometown and part of his and the NBA's customer base the FU.

Public relations is a big part of Lebron's business and he dropped the ball on this. The backlash was predictable (and predicted by many), and he should absolutely bear the consequences.

If he thinks he is such a big deal that the announcement of his next NBA contract needs a 1 hour special as in your words "LBJ gave Cleveland the big FU" then he needs to be grown up enough to deal with the consequences. I can't believe the way you think he should be coddled by the media after he whipped the media into a frenzy over his free agency.

You can't orchestrate the most extraordinary coverage of a free agent decision in sports history before the decision is made and then expect to turn off the attention as soon as people get upset because you just gave your hometown "the big FU."