• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PG: There IS a "Plan B" Right? Right?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Okay, so Teague churning out more turnovers than a pastry chef at Arby's last night shouldn't ring all the panic bells just yet.

But although we've all placed so much hope in Teague blooming into an NBA-caliber starter, or even a player worthy of 20+ minutes a night, is there a Plan B to acquire somebody? Anybody? (Scream!) There's got to be a PG out there that is serviceable and plays better defense than Bibby but won't necessarily stunt the growth we hope Teague will display this season.

I'd much prefer we use Marvin to acquire bench help at the C and PG spots, then use these exceptions we've been talking about to boost the SF position with free agents, but that's useless thinking at this point.

Now that we've let the few young talented free agent PGs slip out from under us, I'm fine with another vet. I'll take ol' wily Anthony Johnson. Even White Choco will do. But just tell me there's something behind Door #1 besides Mike Bibby and Jeff Teague, please!

~lw3

• Moderators

My apologies to Jeff Teague. I overreacted earlier in the week to his 9 turnovers and suggested Jordan Crawford might be a better option to groom for the starting spot at this point. Well, Double Nickel racked up his own 9 turnovers tonight (no assists), and Teague, while not stellar throughout, displayed better control with the ball, and it's neither his nor Crawford's fault they've got a summer roster of bigs with Hands of Stone/Minds of Clay receiving their passes.

With this roster as-is, I am satisfied that the Jeff Teague Experiment should continue into the fall, without any more meddling from exasperated fans like me. I would prefer, that if a vet PG is out there as an alternative to Bibby (Earl Watson was brought up earlier) that we should pursue them to split time with Bibby from the bench. But if, in reality, this is what we're forced to roll with, I feel much more comfortable seeing Teague bounce back over the past few games after a singular bad night.

~lw3

You guys have to realize, Teague SHOULD have been doing this summer league last year. Instead, he's being forced into a role he's not yet ready for (Possible starting PG for a playoff team). The kid has a lot of pressure right now. Let him grow and adapt..... because god knows, Woody didn't.