• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Powell: The Kobe whisperer

jerrywest

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5121114

So many quotables in this article that they'll take too long for me to copy and paste.

Seems like poor man's Al Horford.

Very nice find! Well worth the read and thinking about the Stephen Jackson experience gets me a little hopeful thinking that maybe Powell is ready for the minutes that he should get here and hopefully he'll take advantage of them.

It's funny that he'll now be the 2nd Hawk that I can think of to wear Seattle SuperSonics shorts (Jason Terry was the other) under his uniform.

While the numbers don't support it, Powell is just as important to the team and he's improving as a player.

"He's amazing," Odom said. "His work ethic, his persistence doesn't go unnoticed. It's too bad that he can't … that you guys don't really get to see it. We see it every morning. He's amazing.

"His skill level is high. He's gotten better even handling the ball and his range is all the way out to the 3-point range. He's in shape. He's a pro, man."

Nice find, it was a great read. The ESPN article makes me a little bit excited to have him. I hope he does the same thing he did (leadership wise) in LA to here in Atlanta. I still worry about his love for his jumpshot though.

Edited by TeamDime10

Great read!! Sounds like a great person, and he'll definitely be easy to root for. Unfortunate for him that he couldn't get the multi-year deal from the Hawks that he talked about wanting - I wonder if the music industry in Atlanta had any influence in his decision to leave LA.

Either way, he has the work ethic of a winner, and for only a million dollars, he's a bargain signing!